Bladed Edger

• Idea
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Implemented
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: out of date

For yard work I like the clean edge that a bladed edger creates. Any chance that a bladed edger is in the plans? Either as a replaceable head for the string trimmer or as a standalone unit. If yes I will be all in: mower, string trimmer and bladed edger will be in my garage.
Photo of Gary Tucker

Gary Tucker

• 682 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of matt.mackinnon

matt.mackinnon

• 5,476 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
perhaps I have a warped mind, but when I read the first post in this thread, I just envisioned myself with a hand held skill saw on my hands and knees cutting a perfect edge along my sidewalk.  YES a solid flat blade would do wonders.
Photo of Speedoh

Speedoh

• 582 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I think I will hold out til' next season to decide on the 15" trimmer. I would really like to see EGO come up with 2in1 trimmer/edger. I like my current tool trimmer/edger so will see what comes out next year.
Photo of Frank Kirk

Frank Kirk

• 72 Points
I'm in Australia and have the mower, hedge trimmer, line trimmer v2 (brushless 15") and blower v2 (900 m3).  If EGO add a bladed edger - something like an Atom Edger - then I would be lined up at the door waiting for the doors to open when it goes on sale ...
(Edited)
Photo of teresa

teresa

• 1,004 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Yep....and I would be standing in line as well. 
Photo of akn978

akn978

• 72 Points
I have 15" edger and was asking for bladed edger until I discovered this line. Since installing and using it, no need for bladed edger!! Try this (3lbs, 0.095):
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0018T...
Photo of Dominic49

Dominic49

• 2,696 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
A bladed edger gives an entirely different cut then a string trimmer. This is not quite the same thing
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

• 55,056 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Correct, this in no way could do the job of a bladed edger.  
Photo of akn978

akn978

• 72 Points
Agreed. But if you're like me, I've given up waiting on bladed attachment and found a better line replacement that doesn't break every 20 seconds when I'm edging with 15" edger.
Photo of teresa

teresa

While we are waiting for EGO to perfect development of an actual bladed edger, my husband designed and made this adjustable aligned wheel attachment using our 3-D printer.  It works great for now. It is also good when I use the trimmer next to a fence or wall.  I can roll the wheel along the fence so I don't chew up the wood with the heavy string line. http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1642479
(Edited)
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

Hey, it gets you by!  Pretty cool if you ask me.  
Photo of teresa

teresa

He has made so many cool gadgets with his 3-D printer
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 180,360 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Ego, are you watching???

This looks great!
Photo of teresa

teresa

He said he made part of it pink just for me! 
Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 81,088 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
I am pleased to confirm that we will have an edger option available in North America next spring. Pricing and exact date of availability are still under wraps for now. Be on the lookout for sneak peeks from some of our blogger friends like Tools in Action in the coming weeks. We will be offering a multi tool featuring interchangeable heads that include: an edger, brush cutter, hedge trimmer, pole saw and a string trimmer.
Photo of tbroas

tbroas

• 1,364 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
This is fantastic! I can't wait!
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

• 35,308 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Excellent News - can't wait to add these tools to my current 15" trimmer.  Thanks for the update Jennifer!!!!
(Edited)
Photo of John S

John S

• 692 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Awesome news Jennifer.  You gave me my Christmas Wish (separate thread "All I want for Christmas...")!!!  I wish you could see me doing the happy dance.  I debated giving up and getting another brand bladed edger. Now that I know it's coming out I will definitely wait the Ego's edger.  Quick question - I have your hedge trimmer already. Will the one that works with the new multi-tool unit be a POLE hedge trimmer? 

Yes John. Here's a link to see what everything looks like: http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0632...
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

Now, didn't I tell ya'll this was going to come  :). 
Photo of Speedoh

Speedoh

• 582 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Saaaaaweeeeet!
Photo of Murf

Murf

• 332 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Great news thank you!    Anyway we can get a ballpark of price?
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Man, that is one nice looking kit! I can see a need for each and every one of those attachments in my future!

Hi Murf, because this is VERY advance notice, I can't confirm any pricing right now.
Photo of teresa

teresa

Jennifer, I bet you RAN to your keyboard to type this notice because we have moaned whined about this for so long!  Good going!  Merry Christmas
Photo of Frank Kirk

Frank Kirk

• 72 Points
Hmmm ... biggest downside I see is that the motor will be at the rear with the battery (unless I am wrong).
First problem will be "balance" - the 15" brushless line trimmer is perfectly balanced by having the motor right down at the cutting zone.
Second problem with a motor at the rear - the tool will now need a flexible shaft to drive the attachments.  This will add extra weight AND reduce power/efficiency.
BUT let's see what EGO can produce. I normally would prefer a dedicated tool (edger) rather than a jack-of-all-trades - but let's see ...
(Edited)
Photo of keenanj

keenanj

• 3,008 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
This is great! I've poured $$$ into the Ego line and it's awesome to know that the line is expanding. Thanks for posting this and letting us know. I've invested in technology that has gone the way of the betamax (ask your parents) and it's nice to know that a full line of stuff is on the way. My advice to others is to spread the word. The more people that know about Ego, the better it will get. 
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

@Frank Kirk,

You make some good points. However, there are many established brands that do the exchangeable head design with gas powered tools and these apparently work quite well.

As you say, let's see how the system works once it hits the shelves. I'm hoping it's another slam-dunk home-run type of product.
Photo of Dave Watson

Dave Watson

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Glad to hear this. And glad to see it breaks down so that it will fit in the trunk of the car!
Photo of William Roy Hupert

William Roy Hupert

• 316 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled For all those that want a bladed edger.

If your waiting for Ego to make an edger, its been over a year. That's one of the reasons I went with Echo. Lots of attachments are available for their weed eater. Your not limited.
Photo of Shawn

Shawn

• 74 Points
Does Echo make electric powered yard tools?  I haven't found any but would be happy to know if that is the case.  There are lots of options for gas powered yard tools but for electric powered, I feel Ego is the standard.  That is why folks have been following this thread pining for a Ego bladed edger (myself included) which looks like its finally coming.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

No.

Ok, ok, I can't say that with a straight face. Yes Echo makes a line of 58V tools, but they are more expensive than Ego's and their batteries are no where near what Ego's are. Ok, that's an unfair statement... nobody's batteries are near what Ego's are. :-)
Photo of Shawn

Shawn

• 74 Points
Found them.  I had no idea, thanks for the info.  When you say batteries are no where near what Ego sell do you mean capacity?
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Technology. Search YouTube for "Ego vs Echo" and you'll see some very interesting tear down and performance testing between the two brands.

Capacity as well. As far as I know, Echo only has 2 and 4Ah batteries, and their tools physically limit larger battery sizes from ever fitting. Ego has batteries to 7.5Ah, and all their tools are designed with clearance for all battery sizes.
Photo of Keith

Keith

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Jennifer,

Your message was not clear. Can you clarify if the availability of the exchangeable bladed edger will be spring 2017 or 2018?

Thanks,

Keith
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 65,744 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
2017. Only a few months away

Keith, Jacob is correct. The multi tool will be available in 2017.
Photo of Disk Handler

Disk Handler

Will the edger attachment work with my current string trimmer as the head or will I need to purchase a new head for the attachments?
Photo of Disk Handler

Disk Handler

Oh - if you need a product tester I volunteer my services! I promise I will give an unbiased review! :)
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

This is a whole new system. The motor is in the head of the tool with the battery.
Photo of Disk Handler

Disk Handler

Thank you very much for clarifying this. Any idea on how these will be packaged? All items in 1 kit, each piece individual or a kit with the head and single attachment with others available to buy? I vote for the second option with the third option being a close second.
Photo of tbroas

tbroas

In case everyone hasn't seen it yet, Tools In Action just posted a video with a quick look at the new EGO Multi-tool with Edger.

Photo of tbroas

tbroas

That Rapid Reload string trimmer head looks awesome too!
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Looks great!  Thanks for sharing!

For anyone who goes through a lot of trimmer line, that new head looks like a life saver!
Photo of Dominic49

Dominic49

ETA?
Photo of Andy Witherspoon

Andy Witherspoon

• 436 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Agreed!  ETA and pricing?  Everything is blooming and turning green here in the South.  I need to purchase a new trimmer and wanted to hold out for this system but the time for me to purchase is fast approaching as I have already borrowed a neighbors trimmer once.  HELP EGO!
(Edited)
Photo of Dominic49

Dominic49

Exactly my thoughts. I have already had to mow my lawn 3 times here in Atlanta.
(Edited)
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

I've cut my lawn twice, my warm weather grass is starting to green, but the weeds are making me do more work than I need.  This next week of freezing nights will help slow things down for a few weeks though.

Would love to edge things and pretty the yard a bit.

Photo of Andy Witherspoon

Andy Witherspoon

• 436 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Yep same here in SC.  Even just some pricing info would be enough to help me make a decision to wait longer.
Photo of teresa

teresa

It would be very cool for EGO Jennifer to give everyone who has patiently posted here fir the last few years a discount coupon to to purchase the new edger! Just throwing out a GREAT idea! 
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

A March roll-out seems to be too late for a big portion of the market. In the future I think Ego would be better off having their spring season rollout fully stocked on the shelves for mid-February.

My local Home Depot (in Canada) had their seasonal changeover to spring products pretty much finished two weeks ago, and we're still a month or more away from cutting grass up here. I can imagine the stores in the southern States have been in full spring mode for some time already.
Photo of Josh Sawyer

Josh Sawyer

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I just spoke with EGO Customer Service regarding the edger system and they gave a time frame of "end of April or May" before this product is released. I am new to the EGO family and am looking at buying the whole lineup for my new yard, but do not want to buy the string trimmer now and then buy a whole new product in a month or two. 

I did ask if I bought a split shaft trimmer would it be compatible with the edger attachment and I was told "this edger will be a whole new tool and cannot be integrated with current trimmers". So looks like I will be either holding out for the edger system, buying the cheapest trimmer out there, or leaving my grass trimmer-less. 

Does not help much with grass out of dormancy now and growing like crazy. That is what you get now living in the south (Texas). 
Photo of teresa

teresa

Waiting, waiting, waiting, 
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 73,680 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Me, too! I finally got the edge of my sidewalk in shape last summer after having part of the sidewalk replaced. Now I really want that edger so I can keep it maintained properly. The string trimmer is good, but it's just not the same clean look as a bladed edger.
(Edited)
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F.

• 68,360 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Promise it’s coming soon! Will make anannouncement as soon as it’s available.
Photo of James Cuttle

James Cuttle

• 192 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Does soon mean a week, Month, Couple months?

This product is due to be available in April but we do not have the specific live date yet.
Photo of James Cuttle

James Cuttle

Thank you! I will hold out purchasing another option then.
Photo of Jeff Bailey

Jeff Bailey

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Are there plans for an edger? I love the trimmer and blower..

Are there plans for an edger? I love the trimmer and blower.
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

Yes, as you can see above Ego has a new multi-tool coming out soon --- possibly this month --- that has a bladed edger attachment, among other things.

This is one of the most-requested tools from Ego, so it will be interesting to see what they've come up with!

Official Response
We are pleased to announce that the EGO Power Head System (multi-tool) is now live and for sale. Here is a link to see everything that's available so far: https://egopowerplus.com/collections/power-head
Photo of tbroas

tbroas

Great news!!!
Photo of James Cuttle

James Cuttle

Woohoo! Ordered right away :)
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

Thanks Jennifer, can't wait to go shopping!!!!!
Photo of teresa

teresa

Yippee!  
Photo of Templar Stringham

Templar Stringham

• 60 Points
So far? Are more attachments planned?
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Pole hedge trimmer and brush cutter are planned for release next year.
Photo of Darren Scheer

Darren Scheer

• 170 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Any updates on when the edger (not the multi tool attachment) will be available?  Unfortunately, I purchased EVERYTHING over a year ago so I have to purchase all full tools.
(Edited)
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

I dont think it is planned. I believe the multi tool is the only edger planned
Photo of Darren Scheer

Darren Scheer

That's unfortunate.  Ego has previously commented that they would be producing a stand alone edger.  I guess those of us who have been loyal customers will be left out.
Photo of matt.mackinnon

matt.mackinnon

• 5,476 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
I guess I will just have the 15" dedicated trimmer and will just live with that. 

There is something to be said about product development and adoption for a new company.  The two edge sword is that if you adopt early, then you get to act as the beta test to iron out the major flaws for the products you buy.  You do end up spending far more money and get the sort end of the stick with deficient or flawed products that will be fixed in future models that your now expected to buy again a full price.

But if enough people  sit at the sidelines to let everyone else do the dirtywork, then you stand a good chance that the company simply doesn't sell enough to be profitable so either goes out of business or doesn't get the funds to R&D to make the fixes in their product and you still don't get a good thought out product in the end.

Yes it does seem a bit short sighted for many companies not to reward the early adopters with some form of trade-in or discount going forward to replace with the new technology that they effectively helped design with tier feedback of what is wrong or what is needed to make it better.
Photo of Scott St. Amant

Scott St. Amant

Buy the multi-tool and the edger attachement and never disconnect it. Then you have your "stand alone" edger. A bit pricy at $250 however.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Scott, was going to say the same. Treated as a bare tool, the PH and edger attachment combined are a little pricey, but for those who REALLY want/need an edger the option is there. Along with that comes the flexibility of adding extra attachments if they become available in the future.

One thing I'm fairly certain of is the PH should never require an upgrade from a power standpoint... rated at 2000W it should lower just about any attachment through any job.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Darren, I don't recall Ego specifying that they would definitely produce a standalone edger? Until the release of the PH system all I remember Ego saying was that they would consider making one.
Photo of Darren Scheer

Darren Scheer

Maybe it was not noted exactly that it would be stand alone.  However, when multiple current customers who already own the entire product line converse with the company regarding the upcoming product, it leads us to believe that we won't be stuck going out to get the multi-tool.
Yes, I will bite the bullet and purchase the multi-tool, since I love all the other products...... it's just a bummer.
Photo of Darren Scheer

Darren Scheer

Maybe it was not noted exactly that it would be stand alone.  However, when multiple current customers who already own the entire product line converse with the company regarding the upcoming product, it leads us to believe that we won't be stuck going out to get the multi-tool.
Yes, I will bite the bullet and purchase the multi-tool, since I love all the other products...... it's just a bummer.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Gotcha. Unfortunately it goes with the territory when a company is new to the market, I guess. I have the 15" trimmer as well, so the bundle would give me a redundant attachment.
(Edited)
Photo of Eric

Eric

• 1,998 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Yes and no Blue.  I used mine for the first time last night, and while the string trimmer is almost excessive power, the edger is "sufficient" but certainly not mind blowing.  My four stroke edger years ago had substantially more umph behind it.

Do however take into consideration I'm dealing with southern, dry, hard packed clay.  If you're using this on semi-loose topsoil, I am sure it will cut through it like butter.  I also haven't taken any time to sharpen or modify the blade, as it comes from the factory shaped like a brick.

As mentioned also, it's pricey for one component as a modular system, but I do wonder what else we may see coming up hopefully (small tiller, small chainsaw / limb trimmer, etc).  There may be additional benefit down the road.  Personally, i would imagine we will see much less advancement in individual tools and more focus on modular.
Photo of keenanj

keenanj

I wanted a standalone pole saw. However, Ego came out with something better-a multi-tool. Now I have an edger and a pole saw (it came yesterday) at a decent price. Thus, while some may be upset, some like me are psyched. I too own the entire line, and therefore I won't buy the trimmer. However, I am excited for new customers that can get all 3 tools. I imagine that there will be more than 3 attachments in the future. Therefore, it is an investment not in only what I have today, but I may use tomorrow.
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

I'm with you on this Eric.  My previous gas edger had a lot more power to dig into my red clay and centipede grass, but the belt would slip.  I didn't have much of a problem with this new edger.  The power was very sufficient!

I'm not thrilled with the expensive cost going battery.  The up front investment is heavy and 3 to 5 years down the road when the battery starts to deplete.  With the cost of replacement batteries often more expensive than a brand new device, it's going to be hurtful.

I REALLY hope EGO works down the battery prices in the next few years.  The 7.5aH battery is so out of line when purchased alone.  It's my battery of choice and would love to see it at about the $150'ish price point.  That's not asking too much.  Or make it repairable after the warranty, at a place like Batteries plus.
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

Eric. They have a pole saw already for the power head. If thats what your referring to.
Photo of James Cuttle

James Cuttle

I too purchased the multi-tool with bladed edger attachment. I have been anxiously awaiting for quite some time so was really excited at the announcement. My biggest disappointment is the fact it doesn't come with a battery - $250 and no battery!? I have a blower that I love but unfortunately it only has the 2.0 battery. Essentially I can edge but then have to wait to blow as I have no charge. It should have come with a battery but would be awesome if EGO would offer a battery trade in upgrade to 5.0. The cost for batteries is just outrageous. I saw a home depot review response that they will be offering a bundle soon but that is frustrating to your most loyal early adopters. We support the company and purchase day 1 but we pay the premium????
(Edited)
Photo of Rick

Rick

• 1,094 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
My best guess would be this is a money grab.  There WILL be a bundle that has the battery, but early adopters who will pay anything to get it aren't given the option.  I assume this is why the bundles are "coming soon".  Waiting for the initial early adopters to buy at an increased rate.
Photo of James Cuttle

James Cuttle

Yup sure feels this way. Hence why I am considering returning mine.
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

I don't think it is a money grab.  It's very expensive to bring new products to market.  Do you know how many federal regulations they probably have to deal with having Lithium Ion batteries alone?
Photo of James Cuttle

James Cuttle

Sure the regulations suck but how is this any different in terms of battery when bundled with tools such as blower? You have a point about cost to bring to market but can't blame it on battery regulations.
Photo of Darren Scheer

Darren Scheer

Absolutely agree.  The product line role-out mirrors other companies who have done similar.  Consumers buy the product, then a new item comes out (expensive without the sufficient accessory), then a package is available, etc.  Unfortunately, that's the money grab.  Think about it.  Why wouldn't you role-out everything on the front-end?  Other product lines with all the accessories (and adaptations) have been out for YEARS..... oh well.
Photo of Darren Scheer

Darren Scheer

C'mon, lithium batteries have been out for years.
Photo of James Cuttle

James Cuttle

The money grab is real. I wonder what the markup is on the batteries. 
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 116,054 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Come on. It is a for profit company.  I hope they are making money or they won't be around for long.Sure it is frustrating when enhancements and bundles come out after a you have already purchased a product, but lets not start bemoaning the company making a profit. 

New adopters of technology and those that purchase a product the day it is released are always going to pay a premium for being first.  You can't have the bragging rights of being in at the ground floor or the first on your block to have the new product and then complain that you didnt get the discounts offered as product lines mature.  Well, you can, but nobdy wants to hear it.
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

Threads like this wear me out.
Photo of James Cuttle

James Cuttle

All for companies making a profit and encourage them to do so. I just am having a little buyers remorse as I feel a little ripped off. I am sure I am not the only one who has this concern either. It comes down to do they want to sell volume at a more reasonable price or do they want to gouge the early adopters. The latter seems to be what they are doing. The company is free to do as they please but I am just sharing my thoughts that I may return due to my opinion of value.
Photo of Darren Scheer

Darren Scheer

You realize this has nothing to do with bragging rights?!?!
The concepts we are discussing aren't "new". 
This is a screwed up role-out issue and lack of foresight on non-throw away items.  I understand that a company has to make profits.  That's fine.  However, you have to think about the way products will be produced, how long they have been on market, and what most of your customers have already purchased.  The most successful companies service both new and old customers!
(Edited)

It was not our intention to "dupe" anyone into purchasing the individual components of the new kits. Ideally, we wanted to launch all of the Power Head System at the same time (kits included) but it didn't work out like that. I did mention in my initial announcement of the Power Head System that kits were going to be available. We appreciate all of the interest and have confirmed that these kits will be available. Is it ideal that the kits weren't available a couple weeks ago with the Power Head System? No. However, I did at least tell everyone that we would have kits and we will. Thanks for your patience and understanding that we aren't out to trick people who decide on early adoption.
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

Yes ego is the devil..... this is rediculous. Money grab.. ha. 150 for a powerhead that has 2000 watts of power. Its worth every penny. The attachments are all the same price as all other attachments you can buy.

Compare lithium batteries with drill batteries. A 5 ah 18v costs you 120. The ego 5 ah batteries are over 3x that battery, but isnt 3x the cost...

I guess we all want hand outs?

Early adopters? What is this. Someone who buys a new product from a new company? Ya all act like they owe you something for believing in them and taking a chance?

I dont understand this logic.
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

I've been an Ego customer for two years as of this week --- I bought the 20-inch mower and 12-inch weed trimmer the same week I bought my house. Over those two years, out of all the new products Ego has released, this is the first time that kits haven't been available immediately. In fact, those of us who wanted bare tools often had to wait for them after the kits were first to market.

My guess (and that's all it is): Home Depot is the only outlet carrying these in the U.S. and is selling them online only. I wouldn't be surprised if Home Depot was behind this decision. They have say in what they stock in their warehouses.

In the meantime, I don't see how this is in any way a "ripoff," given that you knew exactly what you were buying and knew that kits would be forthcoming, probably sooner rather than later.
Photo of keenanj

keenanj

My review. The edger it excellent. The learning curve is very quick. I did about 3 minutes of edges I didn't care about and had it down. Sidewalks that are straight are super easy. I used a push edger when I was a landscaper, this is much easier. The edge left is nice, similar to what you get from a weed wacker. I have a Belgian Block curb all around my driveway. Absolutely no problem. I was worried about that, but it looks great. It is fine for garden edges, but that I knew already. I spinning blade on garden edges is always better than a weed wacker. I did about 30 minutes of edging using a 5amp battery. I forget to see how much was left before I recharged (I was too excited to try the pole saw), but I know it lasted. I am very happy with the performance. I think I am not good at weed whacker edges, so this is really a nice thing to have. All in all, I like it. 
Photo of Scott St. Amant

Scott St. Amant

So for those that have already purchased the edger.  How about a mini-review?
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

I posted my review on the EGO website.  Just navigate to the product and check out the reviews!

It makes me happy.
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

This is the first time I've used an edger like this (I previously had a corded B&D). I had a slight learning curve, but I love the results I'm getting.

Part of my front yard is zoysia grass and it had really started taking over my front sidewalk. The Ego edger had plenty of power to carve through it. The first time took some effort, but the edger had so much power I had to struggle to not get dragged down the sidewalk by it!

Now that it's trimmed up it will much easier to maintain.
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

I received my PH and Edger Attachment early last week, and put it to the test once.  I will be using it this weekend for the second time, and will post my review on it on the Ego Power Plus website.  Like Ken, I noticed the power with this new tool and found myself getting pulled "faster" than I expected.  That said; the first cut was good - no issue yet ... :-)
(Edited)
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F.

• 68,360 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Yes! Tell us what you think of your edgers! Post pics! Did anyone see what KiteArmy had to say? https://youtu.be/ZBbgxwEX-hA

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.