Black Friday specials?

• Question
  • Updated 2 days ago
  • Answered
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Is it Black Friday yet?

Does anyone know if there will be any Black Friday specials on EGO equipment?  I'm interested in getting a mower...
Photo of Jeremiah Stingl

Jeremiah Stingl

• 84 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 36,042 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
EGO rarely posts advance notice of any specials so you'll have to watch this forum or the Home Depot ads. Checking Home Depot's website is also helpful. EGO does seem to run specials from time to time so it wouldn't be surprising if something was on special for black friday.
Photo of Bryan

Bryan

• 4,048 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
I haven't seen any leaked Home Depot ads for Black Friday yet. Last year, I don't recall too many deals in EGO equipment for Black Friday whether on EGO's website or via Home Depot. The best deals for EGO products seem to be via Home Depot's "Deals of the Day" which I look at everyday. 
Photo of Douglas Whitt

Douglas Whitt

• 314 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I have several EGO products in my cart and have been waiting over a year for them to go on sale. Still waiting ....
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 67,130 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Now that is a serious 1st world problem ;)
Photo of Paul Christenson

Paul Christenson

• 5,778 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
With the trade war tariffs you may be waiting a long time...
Photo of incognito

incognito

• 192 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I picked up an EGO 21" push mower at home depot for $324. (on clearance).  Reg. was $399.
I then submitted a rebate from my city to "convert" from gas to an electric mower.  That rebate was for $200.

I also picked up a few ego tools, but only receive a minor 15% discount on those.

Looking to pick up an edger next.  Hopefully on Blackfriday or Cybermonday.
(Edited)
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 67,130 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
The edger / power head bare tool has been the deal of the year for a long time.  $20 cheaper than the power head alone.  Not sure what deal you are waiting for

https://www.homedepot.com/p/EGO-56-Volt-Lithium-ion-Cordless-Power-Head-Edger-Bare-Tool-Multi-Head-E...

(Edited)
Photo of bloomz

bloomz

• 11,860 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
FYI... I learned when I bought mine that any HD manager can give a $50 discount without approved.
So ask and receive......
Photo of Douglas Whitt

Douglas Whitt

• 314 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
My daughter in law says that does not happen, about the $50 discount. Her manager is only allowed to give 10% off . I didn't know that till I told her about this post. But how does one do that with an online purchase? Back to square one.
Photo of bloomz

bloomz

• 11,828 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Here's exactly how I did it - asked for the discount for opening a credit card (that I didn't want) - when she said yes, I said, I don't really want or need a credit card, but will buy the mower if you can do the discount.

She made a call and I heard her say "I didn't know we could do that" and repeated to me that she/they could without manager approval on I assume purchases over $___ amount

Worth it to ask unless you're shy about that cuz it worked for me
Photo of Paul Christenson

Paul Christenson

• 5,872 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Also check in https://www.rcpw.com/equipment/ego-power-equipment.html for their unannounced deals
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 67,218 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
you mean like this

Photo of Jack Tracy

Jack Tracy

• 206 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Do not buy one unless your yard is completely level. Mower will cut shorter down the incline and longer up the incline. Yard should not be any larger than 7,000 sq yds with one battery. Other than that it's a good mower for a battery operated one. 

Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 35,738 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Did you mean to say square yards? That comes out to nearly an acre and a half or 63,000 sq ft.

I thought I read in the owner's manual it's better to mow horizontal to the slope instead of up and down it. Could be my CRS kicking in again, though.
(Edited)
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 67,080 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
You are correct re the mowing on a slope Mike.

Jack is this a blanket statement for all Ego mowers or just a particular model.
Photo of Bryan

Bryan

• 3,902 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Jack, I too have noticed that the mower does cut shorter down the incline (and the mower will rev up). But I fail why that would prevent someone from buying this mower. Other mowers would have this issue. Also...why would size of yard matter if you already determined to use a push mower instead of a riding mower? Fail to see that much difference in the need to recharge a battery vs refueling a mower. Some time difference in the recharging/refueling, but with gas or electric after mowing an hour I take a break anyway.
Photo of Jack Tracy

Jack Tracy

I have an incline no matter which way I go. Sideways is very slight but the grass still cuts the same as on a deep incline. And yes I meant ft. and not yds. I have the self propelled with 1 huge battery. Use to be able to cut with one charge during my cut on 10,000 sq ft equaling 1 hour loss of time but acceptable. Now it has been taking 2 charges equaling a total of 2 hours of loss time. So I figure that up to 7,000 ft with slopes or not should be able to be handled by one charge.
It is the end of my second season. First season was newly laid sod and did not notice a different cut at that time. All my gas mowers in the past always cut smooth no matter up or down. As it stands now I'll probably have to buy a gas mower next spring. That will be over a $1000 for two years of cutting for me unless Ego can figure out something. I initially thought Ego's advice on slopes regarded safety issues NOT that the mower would cut different lengths in the grass.
(Edited)
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 163,484 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Jack, have you sharpened your blade lately? A sharp blade makes an incredible difference in both cut quality and battery life. People with large yards should plan to sharpen their Ego blade at least twice per season.
Photo of bloomz

bloomz

• 11,828 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Jack, if your battery is deteriorating, best make a claim before the 3 years is up.

I did, and got a replacement battery in my 2nd year.  Tho I dread ever having to use Home Depot to send it in for repairs, fingers are crossed that never happens.  Nurse it along til end of mowing season, then send it in during the winter.
Photo of Jack Tracy

Jack Tracy

A brand new high lift blade right out of the box did the same thing but at first to a lesser degree then later the exact same. I got an electric mower so I wouldn't have to do anything with it even not having to sharpen the blade twice a year. My old gas powered one went 10 yrs with nothing done to the blade and still cut the same and smooth. Yes, my grass finally hibernated during the first part of November so I will contact Ego about sending it in but 'what can they do since this problem seems to be a design flaw?"  

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.