Bigger catch bag

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
I have an EGO and love it but I was wondering if a bigger bag was available. The bag only holds one pass of my lawn and I end up having to walk back to the beginning to empty it, back to the machine than then do the return pass. While the exercise is nice, it means I walk 3 times the lawn and my body's battery doesn't charge as fast as the EGO's does! A double size bag would allow me to go out and back, dump the bag and repeat. A larger bag or helpful suggestions appreciated. Thanks!
Photo of Beelle

Beelle

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • perplexed

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Carolinaz Pantherz

Carolinaz Pantherz

• 492 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I have two questions: 1) How large is your yard? 2) How tall are you allowing your grass to grow before cutting it? I ask this because it has to take a big single pass to fill the bag.
Photo of Steve Valdes

Steve Valdes

• 6,194 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
It sounds like you are cutting off too much at one time. If you were to cut weekly would you have the same issues? Another thing to consider is you should mulch mow as much as you can. Your lawn will benefit from the grass-cycling with the regular nutrients it will provide. You can provide up to 1/3 of the lawns nitrogen requirements just from regular mulching practices. Plus it's free and organic. Remember that it's best not to cut off more than 1/3 of the grass blade at a time as this is more damaging to the turfs health. So it's best to mow more often, cut off less & mulch mow when you can. Keep on mowin'.
Photo of Sharon Beasley

Sharon Beasley

• 1,872 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I was impressed with the size of the bag compared to past gas mowers I had.  I find the bag easy to remove and replace.  Also, it holds more grass because of the horizontal position it has when in place. Previous mowers I had slanted more which resulted in grass clogging up the opening and keeping all the space at the back of the bag from being used.  Sounds like using the mulcher would be better for you if your energy is limited for walking back and forth to dump the bag. 
Photo of pincoat

pincoat

• 1,002 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I'd walk halfway across the lawn and then go back, mowing in two columns.  
Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 81,028 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Hi Beele, we agree with Sharon's idea.  While there is no bigger catch bag available (and we will unlikely have one in the future), perhaps mulching would be your best option to cut down on the constant bag emptying.
Photo of Beelle

Beelle

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thank you all for your assistance. Your suggestions are helpful for me and my lawn!
Photo of Jonathan Van Ryzin

Jonathan Van Ryzin

• 214 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Bag size ? 20" vs 21".

Can anyone tell me if the bag is bigger on the 21" vs the 20". I only use it this time of year for leaf cleanup and wish my current 20" bag was higher capacity. Thanks

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.