Battery won't charge.

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Solved
I've only used the Ego string trimmer a handful of times.  The battery always drains quickly when whether it's being used or not.  Now the battery has been on the charger for a few days with the red light on the battery flashing, but the green charger light indicates that it's charging.  If I put the battery on the trimmer, it's completely dead.  Been on hold with EGO for over two hours so far.
Photo of michael rossler

michael rossler

• 262 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
  • annoyed

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 103,908 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Sounds like a battery issue which would require a call to ego. So you are on the right track. You can leave a message for them to call you back if you don’t want to stay on hold.
They will take good care of you once you get connected. Hang in there.
Photo of michael rossler

michael rossler

Thank you.  I spoke to customer service and they were great.  They are sending me a new battery.  Probably shouldn't have chosen to call them first thing after a 4 day weekend.  They did call me back shortly after leaving my number.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 103,908 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Glad to hear it all worked out.  Although getting connected can be a challenge at times, the results almost always seem to be good once you do.
Photo of michael rossler

michael rossler

Wow!!  The new battery arrived today!  Unbelievably fantastic customer service!! I have been raving about the trimmer to all my friends, because I've never found such a great trimmer.  It cuts effortlessly, with so much power and is ultra quiet.  It's in a league of it's own. I used to hate to use my old trimmer, because it would destroy my ankles, constantly need new string and be super noisy.  So happy with this trimmer, and the company.  Now I have to replace all my tools with EGO products!  Also, Daniel in customer service was exceptional.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,708 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Awesome feedback Michael, thanks for sharing!