Battery upgrade for snow blower

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: out of date

I wrote customer service to ask if EGO would be offering an affordable upgrade to 7.5ah batteries for the snow blower.  I was told I could order the kit with the 5ah batteries, or with the 7.5ah batteries.  But I can't find out where the 7.5ah battery snow blower kit is offered.  I have ordered the 5ah kit, and it is back ordered.  If I can change it to the 7.5ah batteries, I sure would like to!  Anyone have any clues?  Links?  Advice?
Photo of Woozie

Woozie

• 284 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,708 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Inquiring minds would like to know!!!!!!!

A dual 7.5Ah snow blower kit would be awesome!  I think the added weight of the heavier batteries might even be an advantage when it comes to pushing the unit through snow and keeping the scraper bar on the ground.

Jennifer, don't be the bearer of bad news now... :-P
Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 81,028 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
We love your enthusiasm!  Right now, all that is available is the kit with the 5.0Ah batteries included.  More kit options may become available a little later this year.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,708 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Photo of Adon N. Garza

Adon N. Garza

• 392 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Jennifer, any news on the snow blower coming with a 7.5 aH battery kit?  I just purchased my 21" SP mower with the 7.5 aH battery and love it!
Photo of Woozie

Woozie

Oh, dear.  Now I'm wondering if I should hold off in case the 7.5ah kit does happen, sorta soon.  Oh, dear, oh dear.  Maybe I should hold off until the SP blower comes out.  Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear - - I'm not getting any younger!
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 73,500 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Well, unless you live at the North Pole it's not like you need the blower right this second. You could hold off a bit and see what kits Ego makes available in a couple of months.
Photo of DJDDay

DJDDay

• 9,390 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
To be fair, if more people don't buy EGO's and Teslas, in a few decades "living at the north pole" would put you either at the bottom of the ocean or on a boat in the summer months at least!  ;)
Photo of Woozie

Woozie

Just seems that EGO would know what it is planning.  They already have the 7.5ah batteries.  They have a lot of interest in having the stronger power in the snow blower.  Why don't they just do it!

I'm getting a little spooked by their lack of responsiveness (recently been reading about the mulching problems with the 21" SP.)

No buyers remorse just yet, but buying both the mower and the snow blower in one week has me hoping against hope that I haven't been too impulsive...

Photo of David Cline

David Cline

• 37,182 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
With every other product, Home Depot has carried it exclusively in one kit version, then added the bare tool, then sometimes an additional kit version. Other authorized retailers have often first carried an alternate kit version not available from Home Depot.

I think Ego is prepared to assemble and ship different kit versions, but can't until a retailer is willing and able to carry them. Midwest Mower seems to be an early alternative to Home Depot—they carried the 5Ah version of the 20" mower before anyone else—and Grainger/Zoro have also gotten some different kits than are available elsewhere. To my knowledge, they are currently the only retail outlet offering the 15" string trimmer with a 5Ah battery.

But I would be surprised if a different kit shows up anywhere other than Home Depot before the end of the year.
Photo of Woozie

Woozie

David, thanks for the help, and suggestions.  I'll scout out other retailers just for future...
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 103,908 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
It has been a couple months since this question was asked and answered ....

From a review on the Home Depot website posted about 3 weeks ago
"Ordered it on August 19th. It shipped on August 26th. Arrived on September 1st. Appears to be a very good value. After purchasing this and registering it, EGO asked me if I bought the kit with the two 5.0Ah batteries or the kit with the two 7.5Ah batteries? "

So if the registration is asking what battery size, when will the dual 7.5Ah battery kit be available?
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

• 34,954 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Allen, Jennifer respond to a "similar" question about 3 days ago.  It does not look like this 7.5 Ah kit is available at this time, but never say never, it could be available next year - but I will defer that answer to Jennifer.

https://community.egopowerplus.com/ego/topics/snow-blower-kit-with-7-5ah?topic-reply-list%5Bsettings...
Photo of Charles Kuen

Charles Kuen

• 186 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled When will the Home Depot stores offer the Snow Blower with 2-7.5AH batteries?.

I see the Ego snowblower with the 2- 5.0AH batteries are sold in Home Depot but I thought I saw that Ego was going to have a 7.5AH battery one also. When??

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.