battery under warranty: no receipt

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • Answered
I have a 2.5ah battery with a mfr date of 2/17. Was functional until a couple weeks ago. Finished some light weed trimming with the tool it came with, put it back up for storage and the battery light continuously blinked green for over 24 hours. Now it's a brick. Ego said they'd send me a new one once I provide the receipt... well that's long gone. I'm positive I bought it at HD summer of 17, they couldn't pull anything passed 2 years ago. Am I screwed here?
Photo of William Pfalzgraf

William Pfalzgraf

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Kenny Mars

Kenny Mars

• 874 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
You are not screwed if you registered your battery with EGO customer service. They will have your information in their data base.
Photo of Beth Walsh

Beth Walsh

• 5,318 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
What state are you in? HD can pull receipts going back 7 years in some states. You have to go to the store you purchased it from. Option 2 is to through each of your bank or credit card statements for 2017 until you find the correct purchase. It will take you a few hours but is certainly doable. If you paid cash and did not keep the receipt you are out of luck if you did not register your battery.
Photo of michelle walker

michelle walker

• 182 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
My HD in Texas pulled mine from over 2 years ago (3/2017). Mine was purchased on-line through a local HD and they used my email to go back that far. 
Photo of michelle walker

michelle walker

• 182 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Also, I never registered mine. But making the purchase on-line is what helped me.
Photo of kenny Garcia

kenny Garcia

• 772 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Just register your batteries online. You will be set.
Photo of bloomz

bloomz

• 14,508 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Homedepot has a record of all my purchases, but since there are several hundred of them over the years - they didn't want to/wouldn't open each one in order to find my specific purchase.
Apparently they have no way to search specific products in each receipt.  (That's what they told me anyway)

Now if you knew the date from your credit card like Beth said - that would zero in on it.
(Edited)