battery

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: post from 2015, no longer relevant

defective battery
Photo of karen

karen

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,788 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Give them a shout, they'll get you fixed up:

http://egopowerplus.com/pages/contact-us
Photo of karen

karen

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Well after an extended hold time, I get a new battery in a week. 
Very concerned about the quality of this purchase when the first thing I have to do is order parts to get it working.  Very disappointing,  will not recommend to a friend and probably not purchase any other equipment from this manufacturer.
;-(
Photo of Wayne

Wayne

• 280 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
When I purchased my string trimmer the battery was defective. Returned it to HD for a replacement trimmer. Worked great for a season then just quit. I called customer service explained the problem and a new trimmer was on its way. I live in Canada so it's usually hard to get items replaced under warranty. There seems to be quite a few problems with EGO products but they have excellent customer service and replacement policy. I have a mower as well that has had no issues and it sure beats a corded mower!
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,788 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Sorry to hear you feel that way!  My mower has been fantastic.

Was it a new tool, as in, you had just purchased it and it didn't work the first time?  If so, you could have exchanged it at your local HD for a new tool if waiting for the replacement parts was an issue.  They have a 90 day return/exchange policy.

"Dead On Arrival" electronics are rare, but they do happen with just about every type of equipment.

If you look at the product reviews for the Ego power tool line-up you will see most people are absolutely thrilled with their products.  Give the product a chance, you'll most likely be pleased you did.  Ego has proven to be a stand-up company, looking after their customers with solid customer service and an excellent warranty.

I'm very happy with the way my mower cuts, but the second best part is how it stores upright in my small garage without taking up any space.  I've been thrilled with my mower.  Let us know what you think of it after giving it a try!
(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.