4.0Ah Battery won't charge

• Praise
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Out of date

Purchased my new 56 V 4 Ah battery on 10/21/14, it stopped charging today, 9/11/15. It was covered by warranty but it would have taken 7-10 days to have a new one delivered. Fortunately ego staff told me that Home Depot might exchange the defective battery. In fact they did, and even though they do not have 4 Ah in stock they cannibalized out of an unsold mower kit. My understanding from conversations with the ego-staff is this is NOT A POLICY, it is up the Home Depot clerk to decide. Given that the battery lasted lees than a season, and it takes so long to receive a new one, a second back-up battery should be optionally included with the original mower (or other power equipment) for a nominal cost say $25.00.
Photo of Nicholas

Nicholas

• 70 Points

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

• 54,538 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Nicholas,

The cost of manufacturing a battery is still pretty steep.  I just purchased kit with battery for my weed eater and an extra 4ah battery.  Now I can do a whole day of things from using my chain saw, cutting the grass, blower, and weed eating without stopping.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.