battery question

• Question
  • Updated 5 months ago
  • Answered
I just got the LM2100SP lawn mower that has 1- 7.5AH battery I also have the snow thrower that has 2 -5.0 AH batteries can I use the 5.0AH in my Lawn mower
Photo of Raymond Koslakiewicz

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 65,350 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Yes, you can use any EGO battery in any EGO tool. Only thing that will be affected is run time. Battery with fewer ah = less run time. More ah = more run time.
Photo of William E Hanson

William E Hanson

• 19,356 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Raymond, the interchangeable batteries with open design on the tools is the main attraction.
Photo of Bryan

Bryan

• 9,288 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Absolutely. I've even used my 2.5 Ah battery on my mower when in a pinch. Pretty excited that after this last season's snow blower purchase I now have the 5.0 Ah batteries as backup.
Photo of Matt Baumann

Matt Baumann

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I am just about to get a mower after loving my snowblower this winter. Can I mix one 5.0 and one 7.5 in my snowblower? Or just use 1 7.5 in the snowblower?
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 98,810 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
definitely use a 7.5 + 5.0 in the snow blower

Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 65,276 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
The answer to both your questions is yes. 
However, from the manual. NOTE: For best performance, we recommend use with two 4.0Ah EGO 56V ArcLithium batteries or with two EGO 56V Arc-Lithium batteries of greater capacity
(Edited)
Photo of Matt Baumann

Matt Baumann

Thank you both. I knew more Amp hours would not be an issue just was not sure of mixing. Looks like with this combination I will not run out of charge.
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 73,190 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Yeah, you'll be able to clear a lot of snow with that combination. I can clear my two-car driveway and all of my sidewalk with a 4.0 Ah and 5.0 Ah battery and still have about half the charge left.
Photo of William E Hanson

William E Hanson

• 19,356 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Matt, all EGO batteries are interchangeable among all their tools. I typically use 2 5.0 Ah batteries in my snowblower, then as these 2 are being recharged, I pop in a 7.5 and another 5.0 to finish.
Photo of Maribel Acosta

Maribel Acosta

You can use any Ego battery, the higher the Ah number the longest they will run on one charge.