Battery on weedeater not lasting as long as when first purchased only 1 season old

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: duplicate

Trim time not lasting as long as when first purchased
Photo of chris black

chris black

• 170 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • like not purchasing any more products

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of BigC

BigC

• 1,134 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Contact customer service.
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

• 35,092 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Chris, your EGO battery has a 3-year limited warranty - so yes, I would contact EGO Customer Service Department for assistance:

Customer Service Department can also be reached at 1-855-EGO-5656 (1-855-346-5656)
from 8:30AM - 8:00PM EST (Monday - Friday) & 10:00AM - 6:00PM EST (Saturday & Sunday).
Photo of chris black

chris black

I wrote into service cause I had no number and usually numbers lead to long wait times or no English and have gotten no response
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 73,580 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Do you have some specific numbers? How long was it lasting last year versus this year?
Photo of chris black

chris black

Worked for an hour when first purchased now 20 minutes is all I can get doing exact same trim line as I always do and using same string with same set up as always
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,988 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Have you checked to make sure the cutting head moves completely free and there's no grass or weeds bundled up around the motor shaft? This could add friction and reduce run times.

If not, as others have said, give CS a call.
Photo of chris black

chris black

Yes but thanks for reminding everyone to keep these machines clean
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

• 35,092 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I have a dedicated "brush" I used for my 15" trimmer.  At the end of every cut, I would use this brush to clean out all the grass clippings before storing it for the next use.  I started doing this, because I got tired of cleaning out "old" and "thick" clippings at the end of the cutting season.  Hopefully, doing it every week will eliminate the "hassle" of having to spend more time later on.
Photo of chris black

chris black

Good idea, I've used air compressor which has worked and when I put it up for season I took everything off and cleaned almost to new look. Since ego has nothing to say I guess I won't purchase anything else from them. Too bad cause I really like it when I first got it
Photo of David Cline

David Cline

• 37,182 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
So you called and DIDN'T get help from Ego??

I had a 2 year old battery that didn't work in just one tool this spring. A five minute phone call had a brand new replacement on the way. Ego stands behind their products better than any company I know.
Photo of chris black

chris black

I called about 2 months ago and got transferred back n forth 3 times and hung up, sent them letter and no reply .
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

They went through some staffing issues with their Customer Service team earlier this year and had a hard time managing their call volume. As far as I know they're back on top of things now.

I'd give them a call and see what they can do for you... if you decide not to buy any more of their products that's your prerogative, but at the very least you won't be stuck with a trimmer you can't use! :-)
Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 81,048 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Chris, we see you called into our customer service team today and got the help you needed.  Thanks for giving us a chance to help you out and not giving up on us.  As Blue mentioned, we had a bit of an understaffing issue at the beginning of the season but we're all caught up now.  Keep us posted if you need anything further.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,968 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Great to hear!!!
Photo of chris black

chris black

Thanks for all the great advise and vote of confidence ego has started the process of righting a wrong. Night and day difference in how it was few months ago
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Welcome back, Chris!  :-)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.