Battery Not Charging

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • In Progress
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: out of date

I have owned my 20" 56V ego mower for 1 year as of March 2015. The battery is not holding a charge. After an overnight charge: 1. Insert the battery 2. The indicator light on the battery is red. 3. The indicator light on the mower is red. I can mow for about 20 minutes.Very slow and not too big area. Please advise
Photo of Roseanne

Roseanne

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Julio Villanueva

Julio Villanueva

• 1,860 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Good thing it's still under warranty (3 years) Batteries are very delicate and dangerous objects so I wouldn't try to 'fix' them by myself. Get in touch with EGO or Home Depot, if you got it through them. They will tell you what to do
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,058 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I believe Home Depot is the place to go only after Ego has advised you to drop off a tool for repair.

In the case of a bad battery, Ego usually sends replacements as well as a return shipping label for the old battery.
Photo of Alec Mansfield

Alec Mansfield

• 250 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Blue Angel is right. Either return the battery to Ego or to Home Depot.  Do not try to mess with the battery! 
Photo of David Cline

David Cline

• 37,012 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Does it do the same thing when you place it back on the charger after mowing? The charge level sounds like you had about the 30% storage level charge. The battery automatically goes into storage mode after 1 month of not being used, but should come out of storage mode when you use it and then charge back up to 100%.

What do the lights on the charger do when you place the battery in the charger? Do you have any other batteries or chargers to isolate whether the issue is with the battery or the charger? Red light on battery/mower just means <15% charge remaining.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.