battery not charging all the way

• Problem
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • In Progress
My 7.5 amp battery only keeps a charge for about 5 minutes when fully charged. I use the battery in my ego lawn more. I am using a rapid charger.

Photo of Eric Cannon

Eric Cannon

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Eric Cannon

Eric Cannon

also I have been on hold for customer service is there another way to reach customer service about this issue

Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 69,134 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Customer service is having some technical problems they're working to resolve. Once they get it fixed and you get ahold of them they'll ship you out a replacement battery.
Photo of Eric Cannon

Eric Cannon

Thanks Ken is there another way to reach tech support --I did create a case as well
still waiting for a call back

Photo of Eric Cannon

Eric Cannon

also I think possible the charger is problematic because the fan stays on even after a full charge
Photo of summetj

summetj

• 9,938 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Eric - The fan on the chargers will stay on for a while (maybe up to 30 minutes or so?) after all 4 lights are solid, cooling the battery. But if you wait a while, the fan should turn off eventually (but it doesn't turn off right when the battery finishes charging).  I'm not sure if it's on a timer, or if it just keeps going until the battery temperature sensor reports that the cells are cooled down, so the length of time it stays on after the charge might be temperature dependent.
Photo of Eric Cannon

Eric Cannon

I have been on hold for several hours today and yesterday. The option to press 1 for a call back does not work. I am very unhappy with customer services and thinking to look for another company. My time is valuable and I don't have hours and hours to wait for customer support.
Please respond to case 00328446. I don't have these kinds of customer support issues with other companies. It is unacceptable and unexcuseable for customers to wait 6 hours on hold with no response.

Photo of Eric Cannon

Eric Cannon

Also,
I called more than a week ago and never got a a call back.
Photo of Holly Redmond

Holly Redmond

• 70 Points
i am having issue as well trying to get ahold of customer service and i am having the same issue my battery charges all the light are green and it dies with in 15 min of mowing the battery is 2 years old