Battery light not working on charged battery that keeps cutting out

• Problem
  • Updated 4 weeks ago
  • In Progress
I have two little used 2Ah 56v ARV batteries, used with similar swap-over usage.  One is fine, the other has no light when pushed.  When put on the CH2100E charger, the green light and fan switch on for a second then off again then cycle.
When put in the chainsaw or leaf blower it runs for 3 seconds then cuts out.  I can repeat this hundreds of times, there seems plenty of charge in the battery
Any suggestions? (I'm in the UK)
Photo of perry

perry

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 weeks ago

Photo of Kenny Mars

Kenny Mars

• 874 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Call EGO customer service and have them replace your battery. Are you changing then on a 220 A C charger? Humm interesting
Photo of Bob

Bob

• 72 Points
I have the same issue with my 6000 blower unit..I bought it 2 days ago...charged it up for 6 hours I attach the battery - it runs for 2 seconds and then cuts out..tried starting it a number of times to no avail...there's no light on the battery. looks like it was manufactured in june 2018 - dead battery?  Help
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 69,666 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
If you bought it at Home Depot, they have a 90 day no questions asked return policy (1 year if purchased with HD credit card). I suggest returning to HD and exchange it for a new one. You don't need the packaging and even if you bought it online from HD you can return it to a stick and brick HD store. They make it real easy to return things. 
Photo of Bob

Bob

• 72 Points
I have the same issue with my 6000 blower unit..I bought it 2 days ago...charged it up for 6 hours I attach the battery - it runs for 2 seconds and then cuts out..tried starting it a number of times to no avail...there's no light on the battery.
Photo of perry

perry

Yes a 220/240 AC charger

Photo of perry

perry

Can't remember where I bought it and can't find reciept at present ...