battery life on trimmer

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Solved
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: 15" trimmer run time

I bought the 15" trimmer yesterday based on positive reviews I found during my research, especially comments on long battery life. ,Charged it up and tried it out today but the battery dies after 20 minutes. I stayed on hold with customer service for 10 minutes but gave up and left a message. most of the user reviews mention 45 minute run times. Anyone know what's up with mine? I will need to take it back if this is the best it can do.
Photo of Ivan

Ivan

• 94 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
  • disappointed

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 73,500 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
You might get only 20 minutes if you're running at absolute full speed all the time, but you don't need to be running it at max speed all the time.
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

• 13,128 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
With this trimmer, I do not need to use it at full power all the time and try not to not because of battery life, but because I use it without the guard and tend to get hit hard in the face with debris, and I lower the power to try to minimize that, but I still only get around 20-25 minutes of runtime, but I have more than one battery because I bought blowers as well.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,708 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Agreed - if you're wide open the whole time it can blow through the small batteries pretty quick.

For residential trimming most people report 30-45 minutes of use, but that's typical weekly use where you're not trimming heavy weeds the whole time.
Photo of John Cole

John Cole

• 496 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
With a 2Ah battery 20 minutes of medium/ heavy strimming is a good result! I recently used a 7.5, a 5, and a 4AH battery to get just over an hours worth of hard strimming.
Photo of Ivan

Ivan

it has the 2.5 and I want doing anything heavy or constant
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

• 13,128 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
As far as customer service goes, call in the morning when their offices open and the lines are not long or non-existent.
Photo of Ivan

Ivan

thanks for the tip
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,708 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Keep in mind Customer Service is closed today, July 4th.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.