Battery life decreasing?

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Solved
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Duplicate

I always give my 56v battery a 15 minute cool down after charge and use. I've had my ego mower for less than a year and it doesn't finish my yard anymore. I used to could do front and back, now I get 3/4 through the back only, and I'm in the red. Is this normal?
Photo of Weston Robinson

Weston Robinson

• 70 Points

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of charlie hepler

charlie hepler

• 1,338 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Don't know about your area but here in nc we have had an extremely warm and wet spring and the grass is thicker than in the past
Photo of SueLW

SueLW

• 502 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I had the same problem with my mower last year, my third season of use. I was getting less time on both the 2.0 and 4.0 batteries. EGO replaced both the batteries, but it didn't seem to make a difference. I sharpened my blade as best as I could and still no difference. My grass has gotten thicker each years since I began doing my own mowing, but can't say what  the actual reason is for the decreased mowing time. Could be grass is thicker or it could be the mower itself is not as efficient, since it's now 4 years old. However, this year I'm getting about the same amount of mow time as I did last year, sometimes even better. I've been keeping the blade sharp too. 
(Edited)
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 99,082 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
A sharp blade should increase run time.  Give that a try if you have not sharpened it recently.
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 73,200 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I always get less runtime in the spring. The grass is in full growing mode and it's thicker than it is during most of the mowing season. It's also wetter, even when I wait to mow a few days after it rains (which has been a lot lately).
Photo of Karen Crosby

Karen Crosby

• 778 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I know the rains really a problem. I have eye photo as well. : )
Photo of bloomz

bloomz

• 14,152 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
I've been watching with my battery starts to deteriorate i will be callingfor replacement
Photo of Karen Crosby

Karen Crosby

• 778 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I try to run my battery until discharged then recharge it fully. So far seems as strong as ever in one year's use. When grass is higher, or wet, making me need to stop and clear out underneath, I don't get as long out of a charged battery as the motor is working harder.
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 68,016 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
That’s not typical battery behavior, Weston. On the bright side, your battery has a three year limited warranty! Let’s work this out together: 1-855-346-5656

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.