Batteries Dead

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: out of date

Photo of Pamela Ushkowski

Pamela Ushkowski

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Have you tried charging them?  (you didn't give much information to go on)  
Photo of David Cline

David Cline

• 37,182 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
How do you know your batteries are dead? Multiple batteries not working in multiple tools sounds more likely to be a charger or tool issue (though a tool issue could kill the batteries).

I would make sure you have the serial numbers for all of your equipment or ensure they are already registered and then call customer service to diagnose the issue and get replacement equipment under warranty.

Pamela Ushkowski

Thanks for the replies guys... I don't know where my little write up went describing the problem I am having. I will try again..... I have the mower and the trimmer (so a big battery that came with the mower, and a smaller one that came with the trimmer and 2 chargers) I have really liked both pieces since purchasing in May of last year. However, the last time I used them I encountered problems. I was just doing my back yard, so grabbed the bigger battery as that is usually plenty to get that done. I put it on the trimmer first and did that that (10 mins), all was working fine. I popped that same battery into the mower and did that. Mower was working fine. When I was about 90% done (20 mins), and went to finish after a grass dump, the mower wouldn't start up. The battery shouldn't have been dead and instill had a green light before I had stopped. It was very strange. So I went and got the smaller batter and put that into the mower. Nothing :( I put both batteries onto the trimmer to try that. Nothing. Both had just been working!!! Very frustrating. Now when I put the big battery on either charger I get lights indicating defective battery. The chargers say the smaller battery is charged, but like I said it wouldn't run either piece. Hopefully somebody from customer service gets back to me soon. I have called the number several times over the past week and the recording says they are in a staff meeting and will return in the afternoon. (Some staff meeting!!!) I left a message and wrote on here today. I guess I'll wait and see.
Photo of David Cline

David Cline

• 37,182 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Someone recently posted about a similar issue, and then found that the replacement batteries worked fine in the trimmer until they were placed in the mower, after which neither worked in either tool. Make sure the rep you talk to knows all of the exact details in case yours is a similar situation.

The good news is that the warranty should take great care of you, just make sure your equipment is registered or you have the serial numbers handy when you call.

Good luck, and let is know how it works out!

Pamela Ushkowski

Well here's a bit of an update. I did get a call back from someone at Ego shortly after I wrote on here, and told them my situation. It seemed like he had heard a similar story before and predicted that the mower shorted, which shorted the first battery, then when I tried the second battery it shorted that one too. So he took my address and other information and said a new mower and 2 new batteries would be sent out within 5-10 business days. I did get a call early this week that the batteries are on back order and they won't be sent out til early August, but I hope to see a large mower box arrive on my doorstep today. Fingers crossed!!
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 180,008 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Hi Pamela,

Send them an email at:

support@egopowerplus.com

Describe your issue, include your contact info, and someone will get back to you promptly.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.