Bare Tools Now Available on Home Depot Canada

• Announcement
  • Updated 4 years ago
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Where can I find bare tool blowers in Canada?

We are very happy to announce that bare tools for all EGO Power+ products are now available on the homedepot.ca for purchase (online only)!
Photo of Denise C

Denise C

• 6,334 Points 5k badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 178,394 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Nice! Thanks for the update!
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Here's a link to the Ego lineup on HD.ca:

http://www.homedepot.ca/catalog/outdo...
(Edited)
Photo of DavidH

DavidH

• 1,814 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
That is great news! I noticed that the 15" Trimmer is "On-Line" only and has a 12 day delivery. I am sure that they will get some inventory very soon. Looking forward to getting one.
(Edited)
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 65,732 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Don't hold your breath. I believe the bare tools are online only to avoid customers in-store being confused and accidentally buying a tool without a battery and charger. At least that's the way it is in U.S. Home Depots.

That said, if you are thinking about the 15-inch trimmer go ahead and order it. You won't regret it.
Photo of DavidH

DavidH

Well I ordered the 15" Trimmer and a spare spool to be able to swap it out with the empty one. Home Depot Order Confirmation shows it is on back order with no estimated delivery. Oh well, I thought it could not hurt to try and order it on-line so to get into the "que".
I will keep the group updated on delivery status.

DavidH
Photo of DavidH

DavidH

Update:
I was talking to Home Depot today on the status of my order, and they said "Inventory Fulfillment" means they have it Inventory (in one of their warehouses) and that I will probably get a Shipping Notice on Monday or Tuesday telling me when and how they shipped it. I chose "Standard Shipping" so it could be up to 12 days.
Photo of DavidH

DavidH

It's Here, my 15" Trimmer (Bare Tool Only) arrived today. I will unpackage and set it up tomorrow.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 178,374 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Nice! Let us know what you think!
Photo of DavidH

DavidH

Well, I assembled the 15" Trimmer this morning and gave it just a quick little try. So far I really like it. The best feature so far is the Variable Speed Trigger, as it makes the Tool much more effective in various situations e.g. I tried doing some "light" edging on a small piece of my sidewalk. I kept the speed at a slow RPM so as not damage the Line on the cement and also allowing me to go "low and slow". It had lots of power even at the low speed to remove the grown out grass from the sidewalk and to move it back to the edge of the sidewalk.
So far so good.

DavidH
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Agreed. The lower speeds come in handy trimming around my deck, where I no longer have to worry about the trimmer line damaging the wood. Others indicate it works well around trees where you don't want to injure the bark.
Photo of Jean-Guy Lepage

Jean-Guy Lepage

• 826 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I ordered my hedge trimmer bare tool yesterday morning at HomeDepot.ca and it's on UPS truck today
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

J-G, you're gonna love the hedge trimmer, it's got lots of power!
Photo of Jean-Guy Lepage

Jean-Guy Lepage

It's the only tool missing in my collection. I'll try the chain saw and it's very powerful
(Edited)
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Other than the chainsaw my collection is complete also:

I have no use for the chainsaw right now, but maybe if I move to a larger property in the future.
(Edited)
Photo of Jean-Guy Lepage

Jean-Guy Lepage

Hi Blue, I send you a picture of my EGO familly, completed with the hedge trimmer bare tool, ordered wednesday and received yesterday.

I send you also a picture of my job done with the chain saw two weeks ago. My friends were very impressed by the power of the chain saw 56 volts.

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Nice green "family" you've got there!
Photo of Jean-Guy Lepage

Jean-Guy Lepage

With My Chevrolet Volt, it's a very green familly
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

My 6-speed manual Cruze Eco is a pretty efficient car, but nowhere near as green as the Volt!

The "Ego" Eco:
Photo of Wayne

Wayne

• 280 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I want a blower and hedge trimmer. No use ordering if they are not in stock.
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 64,850 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
There is if you want them to ship it to you as soon as it is available.
(Edited)
Is Home Depot the only authorized dealer of the EGO line?  Do they have some sort of exclusive distribution or something??
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

In Canada, as far as I know the only authorized retailer is Home Depot.

There are a few other retailers popping up in the U.S., but us Canucks only have one option.
Photo of David Cline

David Cline

• 36,892 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Home Depot always tries to negotiate exclusivity for SKUs or product lines whenever possible. National and regional competitors are probably excluded, and the carrying cost is probably too high for most independent shops.

I doubt there is so much demand in Canada that any independent shops would even want to compete with Home Depot.
I just bought a kit from a local commercial lawn-scaping retailer, and I was just wondering if it'd still be considered, "an authorized retailer" as far as being covered if any warranty issues that should arise.  
Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 80,888 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Moto Krome, all of our authorized retailers are listed on our website here: http://egopowerplus.com/pages/warranty-policy

If you have any further questions, we are happy to check and see if your warranty would be valid.  Please send an email to support@egopowerplus.com with your place of purchase and we'd be happy to double check it for you.
Whoo HOOOOO!!!!  The place where I got mine from IS listed on your site as an authorized dealer!  I was worried there for a second, but you've set my mind at ease.  I've been LOVING this stuff by the way.  I have the mower, trimmer and blower, and I'm about to order the CHAINSAW now!  I just cut my lawn again, even though it totally didn't need it, just because I love using your machines so much!  I cut it on setting number 2, even though I just cut at setting 4 two days ago.  My lawn looks better than  it ever has though.

I also trimmed EVERYWHERE, when I used to never trim at all.  Blew all the clippings clean and I just made my neighbors lawns look like poop.  I can't get over how QUIET this stuff is, especially the mower.  I keep thinking it just CAN'T be on!  Also, LOVE not having to pull start, I just shut 'er down on a whim now, to pick up sticks or trash, and it's no longer a problem.  I love you guys.  HAPPPY CUSTOMER HERE!!!!
I cut it again lower to try out the mulching mode.  I used the side-discharge the other day.  It worked well and I wanted to add how much I love the way the side-discharge doesn't stick out the side, the way ALL the mowers in my past have, allowing me to butt-up against walls and trees on EITHER SIDE!  I used to only be able to get close to things on my left side, but now I'm ambidextrous, thanks to your futuristic and slick design team!  

I also have never owned a chainsaw in my life, but I NEED this one now, and can't wait to get it.  My Home Depot doesn't carry it, so I'm about to order it online.  
One last thing.  The lightweight and cool stand-up feature made me WANT to clean the underside immediately after finishing my yard.  It was moist from this morning's dew, so I just folded it up and stood it up, and gently scraped it clean with a plastic putty knife.  I love how the deck is plastic so I needn't worry about rust, but still used a plastic spatula anyhow, for gentle care.  I NEVER cleaned the underside of my older petrol-mower, but this thing will get its blade sharpened regularly as well as cleansed.  What a nice bit of kit!  

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.