backpack bh1001

• Question
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
  • Answered
Can the BH1001 backpack work with both a string trimmer and a blower?  I live on a big yard with a steep slope so getting the weight on my back for both weed whacking and blowing is easier off balance.  I see the pieces between the backpack, a 530 or 580 blower, and a line trimmer on your website, but I can find nothing that says definitively whether and how they work together.  thx 
Photo of Keith Jaeger

Keith Jaeger

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 29,362 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Per the BH1001 description
Connect the Backpack Link to any of your handheld EGO tools to reduce fatigue, while providing proper support to accomplish all your landscaping tasks

• Add more run time to your handheld tools, not weight
  • Suitable for use with EGO handheld tool

Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

• 27,028 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Keith, EGO batteries are "cross functional" with all EGO tools.  Therefore, this new EGO Power + Backpack Link can be used with all your EGO tools (see picture below):

The battery at the end of the cable plugs into any EGO tools, while the backpack is where you plug in your own battery (e.g. 2.5 Ah up to 7.5 Ah) - depending on which battery you own.
Photo of Keith Jaeger

Keith Jaeger

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Is the BH1001 backpack the same as the backpack used in the backpack blower?  Trying to figure out what to buy.  Should it be a BH1001, a blower, a line trimmer, and a big battery for the backpack?  Or is it the LB6000 backpack blower with a big battery and a line trimmer.  If the two are equivalent, I would just choose the option that's cheaper?  thx - Keith
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 29,270 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
The backpack portion of the BH1001 unit does appear to be very similar to the backpack blower.  But the function of the 2 products are not. The BH1001 is a power unit only with no functioning tool.

Purchasing kits of a tool and battery combo is probably to most cost effective.  The BH1001 is more of a luxury in my book.
(Edited)
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 126,184 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
The backpack blower will be much easier to use on longer jobs as the thrust from the blower is absorbed mainly by the backpack. A handheld blower would work but woukd be more tiring to hold after a while.