Authorized EGO service, where can I find a list?

• Question
  • Updated 5 months ago
  • Answered
Photo of Ronald

Ronald

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

• 34,414 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Ronald, the EGO Power Plus web site has the link at the bottom for Warranty Policy and their Authorized Retailers.  If this is not what you are looking for, then contact Customer Service Department and they can assist you with this ... :-)

https://egopowerplus.com/pages/warranty-policy

Photo of Ronald

Ronald

I called Home Depot in Grafton, WI.  They are listed as an authorized dealer.  However, they cannot sharpen the blade for me, as it's something I don't want to deal with myself.  They highly recommended a local mower service facility, that is authorized for many other major brands, but not EGO.  I don't want to void my EGO warranty.  Can I have it sharpened there without doing so?
Photo of David Cline

David Cline, Champion

• 36,872 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I was not aware that anyone offered such a service. This blade is going to cost you a fortune!

I use a freshly sharpened blade nearly every time I mow to reduce overload shutoffs and extend runtime. I have two blades and probably sharpen each one at least twice per month. The metal is very soft and dulls quickly, and dull blades do not mulch as well, allow more grass to build up under the deck, and cut run time per charge in half.

If you aren't comfortable sharpening a blade yourself then I would imagine the cost of blade sharpening will exceed the cost of the mower.
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

• 34,414 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Ronald, sharpening your own blade or paying a service to do so - will not void your Warranty.  If you modified the motor or the way the lawn mower was built, then YES, your Warranty would be voided.  Simply sharpening the blade is "highly recommended" by EGO in the mower's manual ... :-)

(Edited)
Photo of Ronald

Ronald

Thank you, David.
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

• 34,336 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
You are welcome!  Like David Cline said, the metal blade is soft enough for you to "sharpen" it yourself and save the money.  I used a "simple file" to sharpen my blade and that is all you need - nothing fancy.  Good luck and keep us posted on how your mower is cutting this summer ... :-)
Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 80,868 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
You can also use our Store Locator which gives you a list of all of our authorized dealers here: https://egopowerplus.com/apps/store-l...
Photo of Paul Christenson

Paul Christenson

• 7,186 Points 5k badge 2x thumb

That now generates a 404
(Edited)
Photo of Jeff L

Jeff L

• 2,864 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
EGO C.S. told me that HD stores that rent tools are the repair centers that do the warranty work on EGO  equipment.  They gave me a list of HD stores in my area that handle warranty issues and repairs.
Photo of Amy

Amy

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Is there yet available a list of authorized service centers?.

Is there yet available a list of authorized service centers? Just bought an Ego mower& wonder if I should save the box in the event it has to be shipped somewhere?
Photo of Tom H

Tom H

• 372 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled List of Authorized ONLINE retailers?.

There are many online sellers on Ebay who are advertising the full 5 year warranty but how can we know they are really authorized? 

I assume a big company like Acme Tools is authorized and they ship from their own warehouse in North Dakota.    There are also many others that are obviously directly drop shipping from EGO as if you buy from them the package is shipped directly from Kenco/Chervon warehouse in California.  

These drop shippers also appear to be getting their listing materials from EGO as all the promotional material is the same.  Why not put a list out of actually authorized online sellers?
Photo of Tom H

Tom H

• 372 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I have realized something about many of the eBay sellers.  They are not actually authorized sellers directly.  What they are doing is taking your order and buying the product from Home Depot.  They must be getting some sort of discounts to profit in the margins....credit card points, coupons, etc.   I purchased a couple different items from eBay sellers and it was shipped directly to me from Ego/Chervon with a Home Depot invoice on it.   I haven't tried to register yet but hopefully since this is shipped directly from Ego/Chervon and actually purchased from Home Depot this would be OK but who knows.