Atrocious warranty service at Home Depot

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Duplicate

I really, really like this mower.  It cuts well, it's quiet, folds up nice and neat, no parts to rust.  A pleasure to mow with.    But......  Just hope it doesn't break down, your screwed if it does.    I've had this mower for over 1 year and not a single problem; a week after I last used it I went out to mow and nothing.  The battery was full, lights came on but no propulsion or mower action.  Called Ego they took my info and said to take it to Home Depot for repair.  As a former HD employee this made me cringe.  

So I took it to HD, where it sat in the store for almost 3 weeks before being shipped to repair.  Three more weeks and it's still "in transit".  So at 6 weeks they have yet to receive my mower at the repair depot and they frankly don't even know where it is and refuse to take any action until it reaches 8 weeks.  Once it gets to the repair center it may take 2-4 weeks to repair and ( according to them ) 3 more weeks to ship back.  Total of about 13-15 weeks, over 3 months.  

I paid $600 for a mower and it takes over 3 months to repair?  Really?  I'll just buy something I can have repaired locally.  Looks like the Ego blower and trimmer I was going to buy is off the list.  As it is I'm having to pay to rent a mower until mine is returned, money down the drain.
Photo of Mcguyver Dobbins

Mcguyver Dobbins

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Dave .

Dave .

• 20,460 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
dont rent!   BUY a new mower of your choice, AT HOME DEPOT, and return it within 90 days (1 year if you use a HD credit card).
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 178,712 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Mcguyver, if it's taking that long to fix call Ego Customer Service and get them involved! They can step in and expedite the situation, or find some other way to make it right.

Agreed that you are getting very poor service!
Photo of dpb dpb

dpb dpb

• 454 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
THEY "EGO" DOES NOT CARE.  ONCE THE MOWER OR WHATEVER IS SOLD YOU'RE SCREWED!
Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 80,888 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Dpb, despite multiple attempts asking you to reach out to us and allow us to help you and reassuring others that we actually do care, you continue to high-jack threads with your negative posts and attitude.  You have left us no choice but to suspend you from this forum.  We want to foster a positive community here and cannot allow you to continue in this manner.  Should you have additional concerns you'd like addressed, as we have mentioned multiple times, our customer service team would be happy to talk to you at 1-855-346-5656.
(Edited)
Photo of Mcguyver Dobbins

Mcguyver Dobbins

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I would disagree that Ego doesn't "care".  They have to care because no matter how good the product is if the service is crap then they lose sales and the managers get no bonus.  The problem isn't Ego it's the fact that Ego partnered with Home Depot.  And as a former HD employee I can tell you HD is at best indifferent to issues like this.  They sell so much stuff that Ego is just a fly on their windscreen.  This puts Ego at HD's mercy.  That's where the problem lays.  When Ego becomes a major brand like Honda or Toro then you will see HD care.
Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 80,888 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Mcguyver, as Blue said, our customer service team CAN get involved and escalate this for you.  We're sorry it's taking so long but please give us a chance to help.  Give us a call at 1-855-346-5656 and let us help sort this out for you.
Photo of PDurb

PDurb

• 352 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I am having the same issue with Home Depot.  My mower went in for repair under warranty on August 7, 2017.  I called Home Depot a week or so ago to find out what was going on and their reply was, "We do not know.  Computer shows it has not been repaired yet."
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 94,736 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
PDurb - try this number for home Depot (if you have not already)

Question regarding the status of your tool's repair at Home Depot?
Call 1-855-284-3349.
This is the number for Home Depot's warranty department, where associates can instantly search for and assist with your service cases.

If that does not get you any satisfaction/update then get Ego CS involved to escalate the issue.
1-855-EGO-5656 (1-855-346-5656) from 8:30AM - 8:00PM EST (Monday - Friday) & 10:00AM - 6:00PM EST (Saturday & Sunday).
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 67,962 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
PDurb, we want to help, but your phone number is not on file. Can you please either call us at 1-855-346-5656 (feel free to leave a voicemail with your name and phone number) or create a private post on the community? 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.