AP1500D shoulder strap

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Out of date

There are quite a bit of different stuff in the Euro market.

I was quite curios as to what this one was.  Says it is compatible with the LB5300E leaf blower.  I have one of those and they do get a bit heavy with the 7.5Ahr battery on, so this would be like the backpack sholder strap sort of thing for the leaf blower.
Photo of matt.mackinnon

matt.mackinnon

• 5,476 Points 5k badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

• 34,412 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Matt, in reviewing the EGO Power Plus UK website, the model in question (AP1500D) is for their version of a "two-handed" string trimmer (Model BC1500E) - see picture below.  If you can make it work with your 530 CFM leaf blower, let us know.

Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

You can also use this with our version of the 15" trimmer (Model #: ST1500E - UK).

Photo of matt.mackinnon

matt.mackinnon

That is not what the european EGO web site says:

Photo of matt.mackinnon

matt.mackinnon

clearly says on the web site.  Sutible for an LB5300E.  and that is the blower.

http://egopowerplus.ie/collections/accessories/products/ap1500d-shoulder-strap
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

Now that is confusing ... why did the UK website not state the same?  They are both exactly the same shoulder strap?
Photo of matt.mackinnon

matt.mackinnon

we got a mystery on our hands.  think there was someone who's looking after the web site did a little typo.
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

The UK website has the same LB5300E model as well, but nothing about the "shoulder strap" being utilized for it.  I believe what you are seeing, but not sure why UK is different?

Photo of matt.mackinnon

matt.mackinnon

I went onto the egopowerplus.co.uk and they have the part listed for:

• Double shoulder strap harness with guard pad for extra comfort.
  • Suitable for BC1500E and ST1500E

So I guess the people in europe get to jerry rig the strap for the blower.  everyone else use them for a trimmer.  Guess I am not German enough to figure out how to engineer it to fit.
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

With the backpack blower being available now, maybe they thought most customers would not need to use the shoulder strap for it - so why not market it for the "trimmer" instead.  Just trying to understand the mind of a European marketer ....
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 178,374 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
The Ego lineup definitely seems to be a little less clearly marketed than the NA market.
Photo of matt.mackinnon

matt.mackinnon

fun thing is that the EU doesn't get the backplack blower.  that is a NA market item only
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

To that point, the EU version of the EGO hedge trimmer appears to have different blades than our version - see the specs below.  I wonder if their blades are "sharper" and "stronger" than ours?

Photo of matt.mackinnon

matt.mackinnon

so ours is more a "dull knife edge" rather than "dual"
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

It appears that way to me
Photo of matt.mackinnon

matt.mackinnon

i went with a different option for my hedge trimming.  I used the CS1600 and trimmed the hedge to 3-4" from the ground.
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

That would work as well, but since I don't have a need for the CS1600, I used my old old corded Black & Decker to do the job. It works fine, just a hassle to drag around the cord though.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.