Is there any chance EGO will offer a backpack blower kit with two 7.5 Ah batteries either this fall or by next spring?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
I could really use the extra running time that a 2nd 7.5 Ah battery would make possible on the backpack blower. Also, does EGO have any plans to make nozzle extensions for the backpack blower available this fall or next spring?If there aren't plans for either a two 7.5 Ah battery backpack blower kit or nozzle extensions for the backpack blower (I'm especially interested in a nozzle extension that would help me to blow out leaves stuck in small crevices), would you pass on these requests to the appropriate people at EGO?
Photo of John

John

• 2,056 Points 2k badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 68,272 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Hi John! That's not something we have in the pipeline at the moment, but I will absolutely share your suggestion with our development team. 
Photo of Alexander Scott

Alexander Scott

• 296 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I am with John on this issue. For us with bigger yards and a lot of trees, being able to run on turbo for more than an hour or two would be ideal. Two battery backpack blowers and two battery backpacks for hand tools would really help us out.
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

• 13,128 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Try Mower Magic.  They sell the backpack battery there and ship to the U.S.
Photo of Alexander Scott

Alexander Scott

Oh wow that think is awesome! Trying to find it in the USA.
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

it pairs well with the 575 or the 580 unit.  The only problem is the lack of counterweight on the back.  The unit will really fight you unless you put an attachment that directs the force in line with the handle and the blower's discharge so that it isn't levering your wrist when you're using the thing.  You can just trim the tapered attachment of the 580 unit.
Photo of Alexander Scott

Alexander Scott

Holy crap that's awesome!
Photo of Alexander Scott

Alexander Scott

Here is the response I got from them when I emailed them about shipping to the USA:

Good Afternoon,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you, unfortunately we wouldn't ship battery related parts to the USA, smaller parts we would but not these I'm afraid.

These are available in the USA though, if you search for ego power plus, I think we have seen some on the HomeDepot site in the pass.

Sorry I couldn't be of any further help.

Kind Regards

person who wrote the email / Sales team
phone number / email

Mower Magic Ltd
Magic House, Station Road, North Hykeham, Lincoln, LN6 9AL
www.MowerMagic.co.uk

I didn't think it was appropriate to include the person's name or email/phone number so I replaced it.
Photo of Alexander Scott

Alexander Scott

Also I checked Home Depot but was unable to find anything.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 105,784 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Certain products available in Europe are not sold in the US market.  Shipping of batteries is an issue so that makes sense that MM will sell tools but not batteries.

Currently the battery backpack link is the only item of that nature available in the US for Ego products.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/EGO-56-Volt-Power-and-Back-Pack-Link-BH1001/303703086

The full battery backpack has been available in Europe for a while.  But it appears to be manufactured by a Chervon unit that does not do business in North America, so it may not be as simple as waiting for othe Ego EU products to cross the pond.
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

Here is an ebay listing for the backpack battery.  https://www.ebay.com/itm/BATTERY-BACKPACK-EGO-FOR-CHAINSAW-BLOWER-TRIMMER-LAWN-MOWER-TAGLIASEPI-/173...  For about $1700.  If it actually is 1300 watt-hours (they call the 7.5Ah pack ba4200, for 420 Wh, which is inaccurate, it is about 378 Wh), then it holds more than 3x the charge of the 7.5Ah pack.  4 7.5Ah packs on the other hand would be about $1400, but then you would also need 4 chargers to get them all charged up in 2.5 hours for standard charger and 1 hour for rapid charger.  1 rapid charger should take 3 hours to charge the backpack battery.