Amazon pricing VS home depot pricing for blower nozzle

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Doesn't Need an Answer
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: CS

Photo of njfairbanks

njfairbanks

• 70 Points

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

• 54,608 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Because a lot of amazon is build on independent sellers who rip people off.
(Edited)
Photo of (a)Typical Engineer

(a)Typical Engineer

• 26,632 Points 20k badge 2x thumb

Except that one is sold by Amazon LLC, and they just raised the price above $30, to $30.60... =)

Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

• 54,608 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Unfortunately I see this happen with new and rarely available items on Amazon. Amazon can really suck sometimes.
Photo of Irving Lamansky

Irving Lamansky

• 726 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

I find that Amazon has a lot of items with a "gotcha" embedded in them.  You just have to check your local shelves for the identical item.  Some items at Amazon are more than double what you find at a local retail.
Personally, when it comes to Ego parts, I would stick with the authorized retailer such as Home Depot.  You buy through them and if there is a problem they are your first stop to address the situation.

Besides, Ego items are so spendy (but so far I have found them worth the price) there is nearly always free shipping right to your door.

Photo of Dominic49

Dominic49

• 2,676 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Amazon is an authorized seller.
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

• 35,062 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Dominic49 is correct, both Home Depot & Amazon are "authorized dealers" for EGO products.  That said, depending on where you live in the US, you can check the link below for all the "authorized dealerships" of EGO products in your area - a good link to have on your phone, for emergency shopping when you find a heck of a deal on EGO tools ... :-)

https://egopowerplus.com/pages/warranty-policy?_ga=1.253744265.1630976751.1482792297
(Edited)
Photo of Irving Lamansky

Irving Lamansky

• 726 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Lol, sorry folks.  I didn't mean to infer that Home Depot was the only authorized dealer.  Sometimes there are parts of "duh" I don't understand.  I just meant that it is more convenient to deal with a local retailer when it comes to issues of exact parts, problems with warrantees and such.
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 65,000 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
But not individual sellers, only amazon retailers named Ego power plus and amazon themselves are authorized correct.
Photo of tomswhitney

tomswhitney

• 562 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
EGO Power Plus is ripping people off.  They are charging double MSRP.

https://www.amazon.com/ego-Power-Head-pole-attachment/dp/B071FPG49Q/ref=sr_1_4?s=lawn-garden&ie=...

Is this REALLY an EGO authorizes seller?
(Edited)
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 73,580 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Given the weird variety of things that seller is offering I'd be surprised if it's an authorized dealer. How is Ego ripping people off because some merchant decides to try to sell something for higher than list price?
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,968 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
The seller is CRB, NOT Amazon:

Buyer beware! If the seller is not an Authorized Dealer there's no warranty! Not a bad deal for twice the price... !

Only items shipped from and sold by Amazon are likely to have a warranty.
Photo of tomswhitney

tomswhitney

• 562 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I missed the "sold by CRB".  It looks like EGO Power + at first glance.  Which of coarse is how they rip people off.  The problem is that EGO refers you to Amazon; which makes sellers like this look more "authentic".  I'd certainly not fall for double MSRP, but I'm sure that there are those who will.  

Maybe EGO could be more descriptive in referring people to Amazon...  ...of course there are NO units available from Amazon - or HD online.

Somebody seriously screwed up the supply chain - especially given that Father's Day in the US is one of if not the heaviest shopping days of the year for this kind of product.  I speak from experience.  I used to work down in Mexico (thank you NAFTA) for a company that makes garage door openers.  FD week was our biggest week of the year and we started the ramp right after Christmas.
(Edited)
Photo of Dominic49

Dominic49

• 2,676 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Capitalism and computer algorithms.
Photo of (a)Typical Engineer

(a)Typical Engineer

• 26,632 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Looks like the algorithms have converged; the Amazon pricing on the nozzle dropped from 30.57 to 21.49; still a bit more than HD, but closer.
Photo of matt.mackinnon

matt.mackinnon

• 5,476 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
For the exact same reason that HomeDepot in Canada doesn't sell it at all.  That is just the way that it is in a capitalist market.  It lets all us suckers here in Canada order the part and pay bloated prices just to get it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.