Amazon Estimated Delivery Times for: a) 15" bump head, b) 21" high lift blade

• Praise
  • Updated 3 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: CS

Saw these two a week ago on Amazon and placed an order, and Amazon just provided these ESTIMATED delivery dates:

"EGO Power+ AH1500 15" Rapid Reload Trimmer Head for POWER+ 56V 15" String Trimmer ST1500F/ST1500SF"
    Estimated arrival date: March 16, 2017 - March 22, 2017

"EGO Power+ AB2101 21" Lawn Mower High Lift Blade for POWER+ 56V Lawn Mower Models LM2100/LM2100SP/LM2101/LM2102SP"
    Estimated arrival date: April 25, 2017 - May 01, 2017

They have the blower attachment too (but I didn't order one).
Photo of (a)Typical Engineer

(a)Typical Engineer

• 26,632 Points 20k badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of bloomz

bloomz

• 14,510 Points 10k badge 2x thumb

Thank you!  On my way to Amazon to take a look!!!

I'm itchin' to mow, if it would just dry out enough here in Oregon, the rainy state.

Crapperz, can't find it - can you post a direct link and is it amazon USA?

(Edited)
Photo of Harry

Harry

• 2,802 Points 2k badge 2x thumb

Tried US & UK amazon sites. nothing.

Also nothing on HD site either.

plz post link.

(Edited)

(a)Typical Engineer

Amazon US:

Blower Nozzle:
https://smile.amazon.com/EGO-Power-AN5300-530CFM-Blower/dp/B01MZFBW40/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=148...

And... WTH, the other two are page missing... weird.  Screen shot of the order so you all don't think i'm crazy. =)  They also had the bump feed head for the new power head trimmer, but that one is gone too.

(a)Typical Engineer

I just noticed some key information: "release date" above the buy it again button.
Photo of pincoat

pincoat

• 1,002 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I want a 20" high lift blade :-(  
Photo of Harry

Harry

Given the amount it is taking Ego to make the 21" blade available in the US, I'd suggest that you buy a hack saw.

(a)Typical Engineer

I already have my Milwaukee 5" grinder with 1/16" cut off wheel standing by to nip 1/2" from each end of that blade, for installation into my 20" mower. :)
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 65,000 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Yep. Would be nice. Guess we are obsoleted :(

(a)Typical Engineer

Very strange, I saw the products appear again on amazon earlier today, and now they are gone again.  But found two more new products:

EGO Power+ ASS2100 21" Snow Blower Scraper Bar for Blower Models SNT2100/SNT2102/SNT2103

https://smile.amazon.com/EGO-Power-ASS2100-Scraper-SNT2100/dp/B01MSD5VSO/ref=sr_1_5?srs=14308000011&...

EGO Power+ EP7500 31" Extension Pole Attachment for Power Head PH1400 and Pole Saw Attachment PSA1000

https://smile.amazon.com/EGO-Power-EP7500-Extension-Attachment/dp/B01N5UZQL9/ref=sr_1_6?srs=14308000...

(a)Typical Engineer

Both string trimmer rapid reload HEADS and the blower nozzle are in stock on Amazon NOW.
Photo of bloomz

bloomz

Dang got excited for a minute there about the mower blade but I don't find it
(Edited)
Photo of Harry

Harry

Does Ego sell directly through Amazon, or is all the Amazon stuff third party?

(a)Typical Engineer

@bloomz, the mower blade still hasn't show back up.

@Harry, sold by Amazon, LLC.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N39N2JN/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 81,048 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
We sell directly with Amazon. There are also third party sellers though. Make sure the tool you purchase is sold by Amazon and not a third party to ensure you are getting the correct item.
Photo of Harry

Harry

Jennifer: That's a step in the right direction. away from exclusive with HD. Does Ego plan to have all it's equipment and parts available on Amazon?

Official Response
Hi Harry, not yet. We're working on having everything available with Amazon in the future but for now, there is just a select assortment.
Photo of Harry

Harry

IMO that's a good move for Ego. Now if you could just solve the repair lead time issue???

Official Response
The Rapid Reload head is now available on homedepot.com as well: https://egopowerplus.com/products/15-in-rapid-reload-replacement-string-trimmer-head
Photo of Elias

Elias

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Good morning Jennifer, any updates on the high lift blade?
Photo of Matt

Matt

• 1,072 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Same need 20 and 21 high lift
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 73,580 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
There is no 20-inch high lift blade.

(a)Typical Engineer

Sure there is, you just need to add the grinder modification...
Photo of Dave .

Dave .

• 21,706 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
The 21" designation is not accurate.  Measure the "21" blade.   Even measure the underside of the deck of the "21" mower.  You won't find either one equals 21".  Deceptive advertising or alternate-universe measurements?
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

I think it's cm to inches, and then rounded up. . Easier to say 21 than 20.4" mower.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,968 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
There's a high lift 20" blade in Europe, not here.
Photo of bloomz

bloomz

And, screw this ridiculous waiting, I'm calling this place Monday to be sure it will fit my 21"SP and ordering there - I'll either get it quicker from the UK or like other things in life, as soon as I order it it will make the US model appear - then you can all thank me for that - LOL

http://www.mowermagic.co.uk/

(Edited)

(a)Typical Engineer

The release date for the high lift 21" blade that I pre-ordered from Amazon has a "release date" of April 20th, which has not changed since I placed the order.  Amazon's release date for the AH1500 RR head was pretty accurate, so I don't see why the 21" blade would be different.  Could it slip; sure!  Will it be the end of the world, not likely... could it possibly fix a lot of dissatisfied 21" (and 20") mower owners; maybe. 

Based on Ego getting blasted for posting a target release date, and then having it slip.  I would think the average consumer will be able to conclude that Ego is not likely to provide future delivery estimates for future products.  Which is too bad, as I like having the ability to see what's coming down the pipe, and then evaluating my options accordingly. 

The Multi-Tool Power Head is a good example, we knew about that one having a release date in 2017 probably a year ago.  Is Ego doing it perfect, of course not, but they are doing a pretty good job.
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

• 35,062 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Agreed!
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 68,272 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
PROMISE the high-lift blade is on its way!
Photo of bloomz

bloomz

I called the UK this morning and they were already closed.  I KNOW if I order one they will be released here, it's the story of my life.
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

On the way here from the moon :).

(a)Typical Engineer

if you order it on April 19th, that will be right in time for Amazon to release on April 20th. =)

(a)Typical Engineer

AB2101 now RE-listed on AMAZON, but "Temporarily out of stock":

https://www.amazon.com/EGO-Power-AB21...
(Edited)

(a)Typical Engineer

AB2101 status changed today to "ships in 2 to 4 weeks" for new orders.  For the order I placed in February, the update shipping/delivery estimate is:

Arriving May 16 - Jun 2

(Edited)
Photo of Dave .

Dave .

Maybe it will be avail by the 2018 mowing season.  Or perhaps 2019...
Photo of bloomz

bloomz

Or not.
Photo of shedman

shedman

• 1,360 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I managed to catch it on Amazon and placed an order on 4/20. It just now is giving me the same date range (previously it was TBD).
Photo of Dave .

Dave .

Maybe we should be required to write essays about why we want the HL blade, and the best 25 of those submitted, will go to the top of the list of HL blade orders...

(a)Typical Engineer

Got an update email from Amazon for the AB2101, "Friday, May 5, 2017 - Wednesday, May 10, 2017 "

And when I log into Amazon and check, it's ahead a day to: "Arriving May 4 - May 9"

(a)Typical Engineer

And now the status is: "Preparing for Shipment"

(a)Typical Engineer

And now the status is: "Shipping TODAY" (which usually means tomorrow, Thursday), and if they expedite ship, it might be here Friday, 5/5. 

Just in time for it's date with the Milwauke M18 Fuel 5" grinder w/ cut-off wheel... or since there is so much strife about Ego withholding millimeters off the blade length, then maybe the 21" will drop right into the 20"... =)
(Edited)
Photo of shedman

shedman

Mine shows scheduled to deliver tomorrow (5/5) by 8pm! Unfortunately I just mowed yesterday. I might try an experiment Saturday and see whatextra it picks up

(a)Typical Engineer

SHIPPED and arriving tomorrow.
(Edited)

(a)Typical Engineer

Or maybe not... (UPS Next Day Air):

"A mechanical failure has delayed delivery. We're adjusting plans to deliver your package as quickly as possible. / Your delivery has been rescheduled for the next business day."

Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 73,580 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
A UPS cargo airplane crashed this morning in West Virginia. Hopefully your blade wasn't on that flight!

(a)Typical Engineer

Whoa, that sucks; prayers for the pilot/co-pilot who died in the crash.
(Edited)
Photo of shedman

shedman

Mine arrived last night. I am hoping to install it this afternoon.

(a)Typical Engineer

Can you (or anyone w/ the new blade), flip it over (from the above picture), and tell me the height of the ends (maybe 1-1/2 to 2")?  Trying to determine if it is close to the 20" blade.
Photo of shedman

shedman

I think the depth is the key. Height is 5/8". Depth 3". Wing width 2 3/4".

(a)Typical Engineer

Thanks, can you provide one more measurement, the height of the center section where it bolts to the motor?
Photo of bloomz

bloomz

Gee that looks like a manufacturing triumph - they should put that on that Magnificent Machines show!

Photo of shedman

shedman

1/2"!
Photo of shedman

shedman

The height of the center appears to be the same as the current blade. Although I am comparing it to the 21".

(a)Typical Engineer

What is even better news is that it is the same offset as the 20" blade!  Thanks for running that to ground for me.

Photo of bloomz

bloomz

Dang funny why Ego reps can't announce that ain't it?
Photo of bloomz

bloomz

From here it shows unavailable Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.

Ur lucky you ordered it when you did - you should auction it off up in here!

https://www.amazon.com/EGO-Power-AB2101-LM2100SP-LM2102SP/dp/B01N39KRRM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1...

(a)Typical Engineer

Luck?  That's called pre-planning.  And patience. =)
Photo of Harry

Harry

This isn't making a lot of sense. I got my notice that it is to arrive on Sat. So why is Amazon shipping, but EGO has not yet announced the blade's availability, or at least I haven't seen it on this blog. I'll believe it when I see the CORRECT blade arrive. It wouldn't be the first thing that Amazon has screwed up.
Photo of Harry

Harry

Along with others, I now have my HL blade via Amazon, but as far as I know, Ego rep has not confirmed availability on this blog or elsewhere. That doesn't make a lot of sense.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

I know Ego has pretty good communication with HD, but I'm not sure about Amazon.

(a)Typical Engineer

@Harry, So what is your point, as you have said this a few times now?
(Edited)
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 71,474 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Wow, Harry. Name calling? Not even cool. 

(a)TE, Amazon seems to be having some supply chain problems lately. A friend has a book coming out in a couple of months and Amazon recently released "early" copies that weren't supposed to release. They had typos, among other editing problems in them, but people now have those copies in their hands. Fortunately most who ended up with those copies are friends of the author so won't be upset that they received these particular copies. However, I can imagine some who aren't friends may have got one and might be a bit upset about it. So, I'm thinking there is definitely a supply chain problem going on.
Photo of Amber F.

Harry, we promote a positive experience here- ONLY. We are removing your comment and will be forced to ban you from the forum if further combative remarks are made. Let’s keep this friendly! 
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

Amber, I don't know if you can, but if possible please remove the first sentence in my post just above yours here. Doesn't make sense any more. LOL
Photo of bloomz

bloomz

I understand removing non stop bashing, or name calling, but we are still allowed to be critical here, right?

ONLY positive just make this nothing but a fan board.

Photo of Amber F.

Of course! We're never all going to agree on every point of every argument, but there's no reason that disagreements/ critiques can't be conveyed respectfully.
(Edited)
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 105,650 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Bloomz - I would think the difference is
Accepted = you are  wrong,  it doesn't work like that, this is better, this product stinks
Not accepted = you're dumb, that is a stupid idea

You can disagree and/or be critical without attacking a person
(Edited)
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Amber is referring to the experience of participating on this board being positive, not a requirement that only positive things are said about Ego's products.

As others have mentioned, there are lots of ways to express yourself without resorting to personal insults.
Photo of bloomz

bloomz

So we're not a bunch of idiots for being happy with our purchases???

;-)

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

I hope not! :-)
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

Well, bloomz, they do say "ignorance is bliss". So, maybe so. LOL

(a)Typical Engineer

(Edited)

(a)Typical Engineer

Down to FIVE... (2100 PDT)
Down to TWO... (2300 PDT)... who's going be the two lucky winners?! =)
(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.