Able to buy LM2142SP mower without the batteries?

• Question
  • Updated 9 months ago
  • Answered
I'm looking at buying a snowblower, mower, and multi-head system. I only want two 7.5ah batteries and one charger, so I'm trying to figure out the best way to purchase everything. I was planning on getting the SNT2103 since it has the 7.5ah batteries, then just getting the bare tools for the mower and multi-head. But, I'm not finding a way to get the bare tool mower that comes as part of the LM2142SP kit. I don't want to buy the SNT2100 and the LM2142SP because it has the 5.0ah batteries. Does anyone know if I can get that mower (dual-battery) without having to purchase the two 5.0ah batteries with it?

Thanks.
Photo of murpbrad

murpbrad

• 70 Points

Posted 9 months ago

Photo of Bill Menzel

Bill Menzel

• 5,532 Points 5k badge 2x thumb

I don't think you can buy the dual battery lawn mower as a bare tool.  I already had two 7.5 ah batteries with my snow blower.  I still bought the dual battery mower with the two 5.0ah batteries.  I use the 5.0ah batteries for my other Ego tools and the 7.5ah batteries for my snow blower and my lawn mower.  If you wait a few more months, maybe Ego will sell the mower as a bare tool.
Photo of William E Hanson

William E Hanson

• 19,356 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
I understand why you want the bare tool, but it's more economical to buy kits because batteries individually is exponentially more expensive if/when you need it. Also having multiple rapid chargers is a definite plus; it is for me. I like being able to finish a job by swapping out sets of batteries and keep working while one set is charging. The more tools you accumulate, the more apparent this idea will become.
Photo of Frank J Perrotta

Frank J Perrotta

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
HomeDepot is selling reconditioned (seems to be by Ego) tools with and without batteries/chargers. The savings are ok but only a one year warranty. It might be a while for the duel battery mower to be available as a recon.
Photo of Bryan

Bryan

• 9,246 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
I always wondered when bare tools are sold, why the pricing model makes it more economical to buy the tool with batteries. It seems to me, there would be incentive for EGO to sell bare tools at a lower cost that helps "lock in" the buyer to eventually buy more batteries down the road. Anytime I have to buy both the battery and tool together as a kit...I end up evaluating the competition and question whether I want to remain on the platform I'm with.
(Edited)
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 98,810 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Go with two sets of batteries. It is great to have back ups and not have to wait for the charging. For the couple hundred dollar difference you will be glad to have the extra set.
I am so glad to have two sets of batteries to run my snow blower this winter be last year with only one set.
(Edited)