A new perspective on the snow blower

• Praise
  • Updated 9 months ago
We had our biggest snowfall of the winter (so far) Saturday night and Sunday morning, so I headed out into it around noon to clear 9 inches of snow from my driveway, with my Mavic 2 Pro drone hovering overhead.

The Ego snow blower didn't bog down once, even on a couple of deeper drifts.

Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 73,500 Points 50k badge 2x thumb

Posted 9 months ago

Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

• 34,956 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Awesome view from above Ken, and love the music ... :-)
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 69,936 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Awesome job. Both the blower and the drone videographer.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 104,032 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Great video Ken
Very impressed with the under 8 minutes clearing time.  That's impressive !
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

Thanks! Of course it took another 8 minutes for the sidewalk. Now I’m braced for when the city plows the end of my driveway shut.
Photo of Bryan

Bryan

• 9,526 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Ken great video. I see you hit a few cracks (expansion joints) in your driveway. About the only complaint I have with this snow blower. As your video shows, I finish my driveway just as quickly, if not faster, than my two-stage self propelled ever did.
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

Yeah, this is only the third or fourth time I’ve used the blower, so I don’t have negotiating the expansion joints down yet. It really only happens going in one direction. If that’s the only problem I have I can be pretty happy!

I might think about trying to install skids next year, but to be honest I like how well the scraper bar gets down to the concrete.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,768 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Incredible video, Ken!  What an awesome perspective!  Nice choice of music, too!