8 in. Edger Attachment for EGO Power Head System

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Edger Attachment Compatible?

I purchased the EGO 15" String Trimmer (7/2017) and now see that there is a 8 in. Edger Attachment for EGO Power Head System. Will this Edger Attachment work with my current String Trimmer?
Photo of James A.

James A.

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Dominic49

Dominic49

• 2,676 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
No.
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 67,812 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
James, the edger is only compatible with our new Power Head system, which does also have a trimmer option available. It is not, however, compatible with our other string trimmers. Check it out here: https://egopowerplus.com/collections/power-head
Photo of David Roy

David Roy

• 144 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
So...how long till there is stock on this?? I Tried to order it yesterday and they have no fulfillment date?

Very frustrating that there is only ONE option of places to get these products and the stores near me dont stock half of it. All online only.
Photo of Jewels Carter

Jewels Carter

• 62 Points
Is there a Power Head + Edger set sold or do we have to buy the head and edger separately?
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 178,374 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
There is a soon-to-be-released kit with the head, string trimmer and edger.  No word on price yet.

A kit with just the edger hasn't been announced.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 89,580 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
The kit also includes a 5.0 battery and charger.  So if you already have a trimmer or are not interested in more batteries for your inventory or are not looking to spend $430+ , then you would probably just purchase the power head and edger separately.  
Photo of James A.

James A.

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Is there a reason EGO didn't make it adaptable to the old string trimmer model?
Photo of Amber F.

There is, James.
Per our engineers, our newtrimmer was designed with all heads in mind, but unfortunately, our original15" could not be updated for the new head. Essentially, we can make theold head work on the new trimmer because we programmed the tool with this inmind. However, the new head can't work on the old trimmer because the tool wasnot designed with the new head in mind, as we didn't know about it yet.
Please refer to this thread: https://community.egopowerplus.com/ego/topics/ego-15-in-replacement-rapid-reload-string-trimmer-head
Photo of David Roy

David Roy

How about a reason why this last post was replied to and none of the others were replied to? 

I got tired of waiting on the "to be released soon" garbage. It should have been like that at release.  Just like the stupid High Lift blade no one in the US can get.
Photo of (a)Typical Engineer

(a)Typical Engineer

• 26,402 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Amber, the comment (two above), I think that was in response to back fitting the AH1500 head to the ST1500 trimmers?  So I'm not sure that it applies to David A.'s question (which you appear to have answered [different system])?
Photo of Lester Garcia

Lester Garcia

• 70 Points
Any idea when these will be available to purchase?  I can not find them anywhere and I bought the Power Head edger expecting to be able to get the trimmer as well. 
Photo of David Roy

David Roy

Still no stock and still no reply.  They have them available for the combo kits that were not available when I ordered mine 2 weeks ago...but not individually... that makes no sense.
Photo of Amber F.

To get the edger attachment sooner rather than later, your best bet would be to check with independent EGO dealers or Amazon. Click the “Find a Store Near You” button on the product page for a list of suppliers near you. https://egopowerplus.com/collections/power-head/products/power-head-edger-attachment
Photo of David Roy

David Roy

Well to my knowledge Home Depot is the ONLY dealer.  But it appears there is a Grainger store...not sure if they will sell to the General public but I will try.

I called EGO and got a rather disturbing answer...I asked if they had a date for more being released. I got " I dont know", I asked if they are currently being produced, I got " I dont know", I then said, you know that I dont have anyone else to ask being that you are the manufacturer and even you dont know any answers...he said...well yea.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 89,172 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Grainger does sell to the public, but they do not have the edger.
Photo of David Roy

David Roy

Imagine that...HD and Grainger ..ONLY PLACES in Oklahoma that sell EGO...and no stock either place.

Marketing at its finest!
Photo of Lester Garcia

Lester Garcia

• 70 Points
So i was told from one of the resellers that the product is not being distributed yet.  I bought the Power Head system with the expectation that I could get both and the company wont say when the Edger will be available.  All they say is check with your local reseller.   Well I just got the mower and Power head a week ago, and wont have a problem returning it and going with the LOWES electric version because they have all the pieces I need in stock.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

Lester if you are looking for the string trimmer and/or edger attachment for the power head they are being distributed, were purchased by many, and are now out of stock.

It is unfortunate that Ego under produced or has fulfillment issues.  I bought a Ryobi edger for several reasons - one being the Ego was not available to purchase.

New company/product growing pains I guess
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

I'm sure Ego would have supplied as many as the retailers ordered, whatever the number. I blame retail for underestimating the demand. Severely underestimating that is.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

So HD can't determine demand for an exclusive product line that has sold out in the past i.e. mowers, snow blowers. And they don't order more of a product that sells out in a week i.e. power heaed and PH kits. 
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

It seems that way... they keep making the same mistakes over and over.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

I am no lover of HD but Ego certainly has to share the blame at a minimum.  They do not have enough confidence / demand knowledge in their own products to manufacture above the initial orders.  Also, they are allowed to sell thru amazon, they are limited by HD but not 100% tied.
Photo of Lester Garcia

Lester Garcia

• 70 Points
David, I think when we call EGO we are getting a 3rd party company because the email they send for any support questions comes from a different domain.  So the 3rd party company wont have a clue and EGO only answer questions in a general format here on this site.  
Photo of Amber F.

I can assure you that, without a doubt, our customer service department is not a third party. When you call that number, you are talking to a team member in our Michigan office. 
Photo of David Roy

David Roy

what else is beyond frustrating is that most of the good products are ONLINE ONLY!! How ignorant! I mean come on...you have the best product on the market and its online only...really??!!  I have my neighbor out RIGHT NOW running around town trying to purchase THIS ITEM and the power head and weedeater...Guess what....I had to tell him how stupid it was they dont have them in the store...only online. He acted like I told him he had to drive to Mars. Its just not common sense.

Had the same issue with the Self Propelled mower...NO STORE STOCKED IT!! online only!! And I sold my non SP mower to buy the new one...so I had to wait 3 weeks to get one and my yard was a mess!! 

Someone needs to make a common sense department at EGO/HD and get their act together!
I absolutely LOVE the products but this is getting to the point of me switching up just to give a company my money that actually seems to put out what the customers want and not continually delay or make empty promises. (Edger, HL blade, etc)
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

I can't disagree, David, though I'd argue that the Common Sense Dept should probably be installed at Home Depot... Ego is a company trying to make money and will surely fill any order HD can throw at them. If they ordered one million edgers I'm sure Ego would be happy to supply them.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

Blue do you have knowledge of the production ordering issues or just extrapolating based on you like for Ego and dislike for HD.  Because I think HD is also a company trying to make money, so your logic/argument falls a bit short.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

I'm just an armchair quarterback making assumptions. I assume if HD wanted more stuff Ego would supply it. You know what happens when you ass-u-me. ;-)

You're right though, I am more fond of Ego than HD. We get it even worse up here with HD Canada!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.