600 cfm back pack blower clicking sound

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Solved
when I go to start the blower I get a continual clicking sound as if a relay is clicking on and off, I have 4 different batteries 2 are 2.5 and 2 are 7.5, it does this with all the batteries.
Photo of tim harvey

tim harvey

• 202 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • dis-appointed on new product

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 64,900 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hey. Check to see if something is in there binding the blower impeller. Just to rule that out.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,788 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Tim, is the blower functional? If it’s not, you’ve checked it visually (as Jacob suggested), and you’re beyond the 90 day exchange window at Home Depot, give Ego Customer Service a call and they’ll get you fixed up. Call early in the day to avoid long wait times.
Photo of tim harvey

tim harvey

• 202 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
the unit is brand new and never been used, I cannot see any obstruction or shipping material in the tubing.  I called "Caitlin" at EGO and was pleasantly suprised that she is sending me out a replacement.  Next to Costco this has been one of my best warranty experience. 
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 104,286 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Thanks for the follow up Tim.  It is always great to hear a story with a happy ending.
You should be up and running for all the fall leaves soon to be falling and in need of rounding up.
Photo of heinz

heinz

• 60 Points
Have a backpack blower and mower. Unfortunately, the blower ended up with the same clicking issue as described in this post. I contacted EGO Power and customer service was great. The unit was about 15-month-old and it was replaced without any issues. Only had to pay to clear customs. Now here is the unfortunate part, the new unit I received lasted about 30 minutes before it had the same clicking noise and it is no longer starting up. Have not contacted EGO about it again. While customer service and exchange are great and hassle free it does not help because ending up doing the task on hand manually because the blower does not work when you needed. I hope the self-propelled mower has longer life.
Photo of dhau001

dhau001

• 2,112 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
I have this clicking on my new 580cfm blower.  It would click and not start but if I depress trigger again it would. Can hear the fan motor start then stop, very much like starting the edger in the dirt and it would start then immediately stop.  Not sure if by design but hasn't bother me enough to asks for a warranty repair.  The click would happen randomly and seldomly after a lot of stop and go action. 
(Edited)
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 64,900 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Is it a single click or constant ticking?
Photo of dhau001

dhau001

• 2,112 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Single click.