580cfm blower

• Question
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • Answered
Hi, How can I buy the 580cfm blower with a 7.5 amp battery and the turbo charger? This combo doesn't seem to be available. Will buying the items separately cost more?
Photo of Rob

Rob

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 87,508 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
You are not missing anything
It is available with the 5.0 battery and a standard charger or as as bare tool.
Ego creates predefined kits, you can not mix or match to create your own.

Definitely costs more to buy the separate items.  Kits have a large discount built in their price
(Edited)
Photo of William E Hanson

William E Hanson

• 10,560 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
The 7.5 Ah battery has substantial weight and wouldn't be practical for a leaf blower unless you connect to the EGO 56-Volt Power and Back Pack Link-BH1001
https://www.homedepot.com/p/EGO-56-Vo...
Photo of Rob

Rob

I'm thinking about the back pack as well. Looks like I should use the 5.0 and buy 2 batteries if needed.

William E Hanson

Rob, if you're getting the back pack, go ahead with a 7.5; extra weight won't be noticable. Better yet, buy the self propelled mower with a 7.5; more economical.
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 52,364 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
That would be an awesome kit. I have the 575 blower and generally use my 2.5ah battery with it and there is plenty of power and the battery lasts long enough for my needs. Just talking a fairly average city lot so not any long run times for me.

William E Hanson

Oregon Mike, I generally use the 2.5 until leaf season, then swap to a 5.0. Not 1 deciduous tree on my lot, but every single leaf from a 20' buffer blows into my yard as well as my roof.
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

Me too. No trees on my lot but plenty around to give my blower plenty to do at leaf season. 
Photo of Rob

Rob

Thanks, we live on a heavily wooded lot and am anticipating the need for longer run times. And may buy the mower.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 178,274 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
If you’re looking at a mower, the SP kit comes with the 7.5Ah battery.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

Mowers do a great job on the leaves as well.  I have been mulching more leaves than I thought possible into my lawn and the lawn seems to be enjoying the extra nutrition.

And as blue pointed out I have the AP mower with the 75 battery which is a lot of juice
(Edited)
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

**SP mower with 7.5 Ah battery
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

I mulch what I can into my yard and then vacuum up the rest by bagging them with the mower. Then into a can and use the string trimmer to much them for the compost pile.

William E Hanson

I too mulch with the mower when it's not very deep, but our HOA doesn't allow composting in a pile or bin.
Photo of Frank Woodbery

Frank Woodbery

• 2,990 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Kits are definitely more affordable. You might just consider the 600 cfm backpack blower kit with the rapid charger and 7.5 Ah battery for $450. That's only $90 more than the 7.5 Ah battery by itself. Kinda crazy pricing on bare batteries. 

https://www.homedepot.com/p/EGO-145-MPH-600-CFM-56-Volt-Lithium-ion-Cordless-Backpack-Blower-with-7-...

William E Hanson

Definitely a plus to buy kits; I bought a 5.0 battery before I realized buying kits is the best way to accumulate more batteries.
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

And tools!