580 CFM Blower - IT HAS ARRIVED!!!

• Praise
  • Updated 2 months ago
I just received the 580cfm blower. Let me know if you have any questions. I will be trying it out tomorrow.
Photo of Texas Lawn

Texas Lawn

• 342 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of Texas Lawn

Texas Lawn

• 342 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 49,434 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I think the strap info has just not been updated for the new 580.  The strap is listed as an accessory in the 580 manual.  And it does have a spot for the clip to attach.
Photo of Dan

Dan

• 304 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Champion,

Again, thanks for the feedback. Good info. Great pic.

Regards,

Dan.
Photo of Nick Strickland

Nick Strickland

• 60 Points
Is the weight too heavy, and will a shoulder strap help for the 580 blower?
Photo of thomas h ginski

thomas h ginski

• 420 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
i have the 575 and wouldn't think of using it without the included shoulder strap .. you'll get some workout without the strap.
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 46,558 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I think it's a your-mileage-may-vary situation. I've never felt the need to use a strap with my 575 cfm blower, which is almost identical to the 580 (this is using the 5.0Ah battery).

It's light weight and the handle is comfortable. The only time I think you'd need a strap is if you were clearing a large area and had the thing cranked up to full power the entire time.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 153,576 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Question: Why wait until tomorrow? :-D

Looking forward to your feedback! Is this your first Ego blower, or is it an upgrade?
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 47,684 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I look forward to hearing what kind of runtime you get out of it.
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

• 46,880 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
You are going to utterly love it.  Just be aware that the long battery life advertised is for idle speed, the slowest.  If you crank it up, you will not only get the job done quickly (blow everything over into neighbors yard), but you will use up that battery really quick.  With that expectation you will be amazed.
Photo of SCOTT

SCOTT

• 676 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
What type of RunTime are you guys getting with the blower on high? (only a few Turbo bursts)
What battery are you using? Anyone using the 7.5 AMP?
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

• 46,880 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
With my 7.5, on the highest setting i'm lucky to get 20 minutes.  But you usually don't need a long time, it gets the job done.
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

• 12,812 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
I use the 575 with the 7.5, and get a little over 25 minutes
Photo of SCOTT

SCOTT

• 676 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
What type of RunTime are you guys getting with the 580 blower on high? (only a few Turbo bursts)
What battery are you using? Anyone using the 7.5 AMP?
Photo of Daniel Moore

Daniel Moore

• 96 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Two questions:
How does it go blowing out dirt and stuff in the house garage? 

Is it powerful enough to blow dead grass out of your lawn or patches of dead grass? Stay with me here: I promise I am not being OCD. I have seen on youtube that Pete from GCI Turf uses his commercial grade petrol blower to lift this dead stuff when overseeding/cleaning up his yard. This has seemed like a nice alternative to a corded power rake.
Many thanks!
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 149,274 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I’m sure it will whip up quite a storm in a garage! However, you should make an effort not to have dust feeding back into the blower; the resulting static buildup can cause shocks and potentially short the machine. This would be the case with any blower, I’d think.

I haven’t seen anyone using an Ego blower as a power rake substitute. Not that it can’t be done... anyone used their blower for that?
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 50,904 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
No to the power raking, but yes to the garage cleaning.  Lowest speed setting on my 530 (not sure if the 580 controls are the same).  and short bursts on the power switch gets the job done nicely.  Takes a little practice to not create the dust storm that Blue referenced but I can keep all the dust in front of me and only a foot or two off the ground.