575 unit tool only

• Question
  • Updated 5 months ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Duplicate

Request: the 575 unit isn't being sold as a tool only at Home Depot or at RCPW.  I want to buy another one or two.  If it won't be sold there, could I buy it or them directly from you?
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

• 12,812 Points 10k badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 27,282 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Wow, that's how I got mine, tool only. I see on HD website it's discontinued. They still have the tool with battery though. I wonder if the 575 will eventually go away because of the 580?
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

That would really sadden me because based on what I've heard about the 580, the 575 has a better EDF that makes less noise and also I personally, contrary to a bunch of people on this forum, prefer no turbo button or a lockable turbo button so I can set the unit down on full power and walk away.  I do want to put three to five of these on a mini flatbed cart and use it as a push blower.  The 575 is the quietest blower I've seen.  I really do not want to see it go.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 54,366 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Twister - what is the application for your blower push cart.  Work application or low cost electric vehicle ?
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

In place of a gas powered wheeled blower like a Billy Goat or Little Wonder, though I could use them to make a go-kart that would be pretty fun.
(Edited)
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 27,282 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
The 575 is my first ever leaf blower so I don't have anything to compare against, but it must be the way I use mine as I also don't feel the need for a turbo button. High speed on the 575 seems plenty powerful enough, even though I rarely use it, and the "speed lock" device on the 575 is handy. Although I don't even use that feature all that much. Would be good for your push blower idea though.
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

The 580 on turbo is about as powerful as the 575 on high.  The turbo button is just a way of engaging the full power of the 530 and 580 units among others.  The way to get full power on the 575 is to just pull the trigger all the way.
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 47,684 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

I am referring to "Oh wait, it's a different company now. WTH is going on?"
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 27,022 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
No confusion here. Just found it interesting that the company, from Ken's original link, has changed. Puts enough doubt in my mind to not buy from them.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

Very good Gentlemen.  They were off my list at full price no warranty, so that part didn't phase me I guess. Carry on.
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

sorry, just clearing up a lack of understanding.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

Oh, I got plenty of that - you'll be busy :)
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

I noticed that the question is labled "in progress", so thank you EGO again very much.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.