575 CFM Blower has cruise control! Pre-review

• Praise
  • Updated 2 years ago
So my 575 CFM unit came in today, but it was dark when it got here, so I did not have time nor the right conditions to make a video demonstrating it along with my other units, which include: two 480 CFM EGO units, one 530 CFM EGO unit, a Greenworks 80V unit, and a Kobalt 80V unit.  With those, I can give a pretty good idea of the power of all of them. Here is a feature mentioned in the title that isn't at the moment mentioned on Home Depot's website or on EGO's website except maybe in the manual.

This unit has a variable speed trigger and cruise control, of course different from any of their other units, which have a one-speed trigger, variable speed dial, and turbo button. I believe that this new unit is there to give users two different options for control interfaces, and I therefore think an LB6000-A or an even more powerful backpack blower may hit the market soon (hopefully a LB7500?), one with the variable-speed and cruise control that many of you have been waiting for.

I will also tell you that this unit is glassy smooth in its operation, next to no vibration, and near perfect balance of the motor and fan.  It leaves me at a loss to understand why my neighbor's 530 unit is so imbalanced.

More on this unit will be posted tomorrow, but so far, I'm so happy with this unit that I'm going to purchase a second one after I get the backpack blower.
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

• 13,128 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
  • excited.

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Erik

Erik

• 10,336 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
That's why I'm waiting to buy a backpack blower. I want one with variable speed trigger, and trigger lock.
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

• 54,538 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Atom,

As soon as Jennifer announced the "cruise control", I knew it was going to be a hit.  TBH, that is the only fault with the blowers, the trigger.  They've now addressed it.
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

Correction noted, cruise control is mentioned by someone other than me.
Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 81,028 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Thanks for the quick pre-review!
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

• 13,108 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
You're welcome.
Photo of Dave .

Dave .

• 21,706 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
FYI, my 530 unit is very smooth.
Photo of Dave .

Dave .

• 21,706 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I suppose you carefully inspected the impeller of the 530?
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

I have not inspected the fans of my 530 and my 575, and my neighbor's 530 is not well balanced, and mine is pretty well balanced. I have not made an attempt to disassemble the EDF in my 530, and I do not have permission nor a significant need to disassemble my neighbor's.
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 64,880 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Just look down the tube to see if a vane is broken off.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,708 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I tend to think if an entire blade was missing the fan would shake itself to oblivion in short order. ;-)
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

The fan with a blade missing would probably make quick work of ruining the motor.
Photo of webauthor

webauthor

• 220 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Does the 580 come with a variable speed trigger and lock like the 575?
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 73,480 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
OK, so I played with this a bit to refresh my memory.

The trigger and the dial on the side work more or less independently of each other.

The trigger is variable speed, from off the high, with a turbo button above it to give it an extra kick. Let go of the trigger and the blower shuts off

The dial on the side covers the same range, except it stays wherever you set it. It’s easy to turn with your thumb, then the blower stays at that setting unless you move it, or squeeze the trigger to increase the speed.

Honestly, the two blowers are so similar I don’t know that the 580 is worth the price premium, unless Ego had a reliability problem with the 575 and fixed the problem with the 580.
Photo of webauthor

webauthor

Thank you so much. That helped a lot. I wish Ego would show less advertising videos and more hands on videos. I really appreciate your reply.
(Edited)
Photo of webauthor

webauthor

https://m.grainger.com/mobile/product... - just ordered the 575 for $105.00 - Done.
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 73,480 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
That's a great price, and the 575 and 580 are both great tools. I liked my original 480 cfm blower, but these are vast improvements.
Photo of webauthor

webauthor

Agreed. Thanks Ken.