56V Radio/Boombox/Charger Combo

• Idea
  • Updated 4 years ago
Nothing too big, but powerful enough to sound good over a reasonable distance.  Good enough for serious backyard entertaining.  Give it a dedicated subwoofer and good EQ, FM radio and Bluetooth/AUX input.  a 56V 4Ah battery could keep the tunes going for a good while.

Incorporate a charging function for when it's plugged into AC power.

My 18V Makita radio sounds OK in my small garage, but it doesn't have enough power to cover any distance outdoors.  Other jobsite radios are a little better, but none are really "good" from what I've seen.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 178,374 Points 100k badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 80,868 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Great idea!  We bet many people would love to hear their music while mowing with their quiet EGO mower.  No more headphones necessary!
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 178,374 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Jennifer, how these ideas evolve... now you've given me enough time to dream up an Ego mower with a stereo built into the handlebars... kinda like what's on those big touring bikes you hear rolling through town with the tunes up high. :-P
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

• 53,234 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I like the idea.  But please, Bluetooth and REALLY good sound.  I would LOVE to have this while detailing my cars, or working around the house.  I get a little tired of carrying my micro-system outside so that I can hear the Cello's and Bass while listening to my classical.  With an EGO battery, god, you could run the thing full bore for 12 hours.  My old JVC Jam Box would run all day on D Cell Batteries.
Photo of Meatus Upkill

Meatus Upkill

• 144 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
yes, this would be awesome. I already have 2 of your awesome batteries so you be great to be able to use one of them to power a rugged Bluetooth bassy outdoor radio. please make this!
Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 80,868 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
We love your enthusiasm Meatus.  We'll be sure to keep you posted if we make this.