56V Li-Ion Battery not charging

• Problem
  • Updated 5 months ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Duplicate

My 56V battery will not charge on charger. The charger blinks green at 25% when the battery is put on it. The fan runs. No red light is displayed. The battery does not charge. Eventually the changer will shut off.
The battery does nothing in the mower. I tried it hoping that might some how reset the battery.
I called on Tuesday and left a message for call back. I have not received the call back. On Friday, I submitted a Warranty Order case. I have not heard anything from that either. I called again today and waited on hold for 45 minutes before leaving another message.
I purchased the mower this April from Home Depot. I was very happy with the performance and convenience of the mower, but it does me no good if I can't power it. I am getting frustrated and my grass is feeling neglected.
Product: EGO 56V Li-Ion 21" Mower 5.0Ah Kit (with battery and charger)
Photo of Daine Wright

Daine Wright

• 264 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
  • frustred

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 158,214 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Daine, hopefully Ego will see your post tomorrow morning and get back to you. If not, try calling them early on a weekday when their call volume is less. This is their busy season, though that's no excuse for 45 min hold times...
Photo of Jacob

Jacob, Champion

• 61,356 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
If it's within the 90 day window. Take it back and exchange it. If you bought with the home Depot credit card, you have 1 year. No call back is unacceptable EGO.
Photo of Kenneth A. Ramp

Kenneth A. Ramp

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I just called about a charging problem with my 56V battery for my backpack blower (which works great, by the way) and after explaining the problem to the gentleman in the service dept who picked up, it was decided that a new battery was needed (current one only used about 5 or 6 times since purchase Christmas of 2016) which is being sent to me Free of Charge with the instructions to take my current battery and bring it to Home Depot for recycling after removing the serial number.  I also have the hand leaf blower - both work great and with extra batteries (I have 2 from the handheld though not 56V)  I can do a better part of my lawn.  EZGo products are the best and the company stands behind its products I'm happy to say
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 59,446 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Good to hear they took care of you Kenneth.  And your right the Ego blowers are great tools and the 3 year battery warranty is wonderful too.
Photo of Daine Wright

Daine Wright

I'll call EGO Monday morning. I had to wait until the weekend to be home. They suggest you have the charger with you to trouble shoot.
My 90 days are up Thursday. I will give EGO a chance to get back to me this week. If they don't, back to Home Depot it goes.
Thanks for the suggestions.
Photo of bloomz

bloomz

• 11,448 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Return as defective and replace before your 90 days is up. You got a lemon...HD makes it very easy. Don't fart around waiting for a phone call.
(Edited)
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 65,038 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Thank you for sharing your experience, Daine. We're so glad we were able to find a resolution for your issue!  
Photo of Daine Wright

Daine Wright

I got a call back today from EGO. The customer service rep was great, very polite and helpful. They are sending a replacement battery. 
The rep said was a message was left on Wed. Although, I didn't get a voice mail. It did take some detective work to figure out which account matched the phone call, so I understand that could take some time.
If the replacement battery isn't another lemin, I'll be happy with the outcome.
(Edited)
Photo of John Hayden

John Hayden

• 60 Points
I also got a 56v battery but it only flashes red and shits down while on the charger. It will not charge.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 158,214 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Shitting down is something I haven’t seen before. I suppose that’s better than shitting up? :-P

All kidding aside, give Ego Customer Service a call and they’ll get you fixed up. Your battery is covered by a three year warranty.
Photo of Marcia Martin

Marcia Martin

• 60 Points
I have this very same problem!  I did call customer service but got tired of being on hold so left my number for a call back. Very frustrating.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.