56v 2.0ah goes on charger and green light flashes like it is charging but red light on battery just flashes and never charges!!!!

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: out of date

56v 2.0ah goes on charger and green light flashes like it is charging but red light on battery just flashes but never charges. Charger light stays green blinking the whole time.
Photo of V M

V M

• 180 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 64,880 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
If the battery is flashing red fast, its bad. Call customer service. They will warranty the battery
Photo of V M

V M

Made the call. Now waiting on a return call Monday I hope. Thanks
Photo of matt.mackinnon

matt.mackinnon

• 5,476 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Not trying to sound pessimistic, but don't hold your breath that they will call you on Monday.

If I were you, I know from experience that until you talk to an actual person, consider it an unheard message.  Once you speak to a person at EGO they are fantastic and will get you your replacement battery right away once they ask you the 10 or so diagnostic questions that we pretty much asked here.  Helps you out as you can tell them, yes I tried that already and it did this.  Yes, Yes, Yes, No it still is not working.  Thanks. And they will send you confirmation that it is on it's way.

I have left messages with EGO and just about every other manufacturer and there are about one fingers worth of them who will actually phone you back in a reasonable amount of time.
(Edited)
Photo of V M

V M

I will call them back Monday . Thanks
Photo of matt.mackinnon

matt.mackinnon

No problem.  let us know how it goes.  We like to hear about success stories even more than responding to help people out.
Photo of (a)Typical Engineer

(a)Typical Engineer

• 26,612 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Assuming this is a standard, not rapid charger?  How long did you leave it on the charger for?
Photo of V M

V M

Over night
Photo of matt.mackinnon

matt.mackinnon

I'd like to assume that the OP didn't think that a battery would charge in 3-5 seconds, the amount of time for the charger/battery to sync with each other and the battery to test itself for charging.  I'd say the battery is toast and you need to call EGO like Jacob has suggested.
Photo of V M

V M

You are correct. Left it on charger overnight the first time then removed and tried it on blower just in case but no luck. Back on charger for 24hrs or so before I checked it again. Some time in there it just turned itself off or should I say just stopped trying to charge the battery as green light was on steady on the charger still but no lights were on on the battery ( red, yellow or green). I have called customer service though . Thanks
Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 81,028 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
VM, did you get a hold of our customer service team? Do you need additional help?
Photo of V M

V M

All ok . Talked with them now just waiting on battery to arrive. Thanks
Photo of Dan P

Dan P

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Another flasher.  Mowed tonight and after charging my battery, the green flashing started and has continued for a few hours.  I have a 5.0AH (BA2800) manufactured in November '16.  Just submitted a warranty claim online since phone support is closed for the day.
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 68,206 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Let us know how it works out, Dan.
Photo of Dan P

Dan P

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Customer service was quick to respond and a new battery is in the process of being shipped. Very satisfied with the response speed.
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 68,206 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Excellent! Thanks so much for following up.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.