530CFM vs 580CFM - Worth the extra money?

• Question
  • Updated 6 days ago
  • In Progress
I've been going back and forth trying to convince myself that the 580CFM blower kit with the 5.0AH battery is worth the extra $150 when compared to the 530CFM blower kit with the 2.5AH battery. I already have a 5.0AH battery and an additional 2.5AH. 

Is the 580CFM blower that much more powerful or is it really difficult to notice the difference? I'd rather not spend $300 if I can get away with $150. Thoughts? 
Photo of Daniel Aspesi

Daniel Aspesi

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 week ago

Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 52,004 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
If you buy at Home Depot and decide you want the other one instead you have 90 days to return/exchange no questions asked. Could be a way to try one and decide if it's for you or if the other one is.
I like the 2.5 ah battery in my 575 blower so I'd probably want the 2.5 ah kit. 
Photo of Retired Soldier

Retired Soldier

• 434 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I bought the 580 without battery and charger since I already had both with my ego mower. The 580 is a beast.
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 62,672 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
The 580 cfm leaf blower is the same price as the 530 kit at Home Depot if you get it without the battery and charger.

I've owned both models and the two blowers are quite similar. I think you'd be happy with either one. It just comes down to whether an additional battery would be of use to you. If not, I'd go with the 580 bare tool for the extra power, and just because it's a newer model.
Photo of Howard Halstead

Howard Halstead

• 844 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I have owned both models, but found the 580 worked better with larger volume of leaves. We have a lot of maple trees and need to push large line of leaves.

Also, I think it is a brushless motor, so more durable.
Photo of William E Hanson

William E Hanson

• 10,190 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
I have the 530; bought before the 580 came out, but no question the 580 if I was buying one today.
Photo of Daniel Aspesi

Daniel Aspesi

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thanks for all the responses. I did read that the 530 had a brushless motor as well. The latest Home Depot ad has the 530 new for $150 as a kit. Still undecided if the 580 with the larger battery is worth another $150.
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 62,672 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I guess it depends on how much ground you have to clear and how many trees.

I use mine mostly for clearing grass clippings along one sidewalk and a relatively small driveway. Then I have leaves from a single tree in the fall, most of which I mulch.

For me, the 530 would suffice. But if you have a lot to clear, the 580 would be the way to go.
Photo of Howard Halstead

Howard Halstead

• 844 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Agreed. I have significant number of trees and Initially tried 530, but found it worked, but was slow moving larger lines of leaves. I traded up to 580 and have been very happy.
Photo of William E Hanson

William E Hanson

• 10,190 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
A 530 with a 5.0 Ah battery is perfect for my dinky lot with no deciduous trees, but many in a large buffer area that ends up on my roof and lawn. Other times, the 2.5 Ah makes it lighter for blowing off hard surfaces.