530CFM blower vs. Maple tree droppings

• Praise
  • Updated 2 years ago
Every spring time the big maple tree in the back yard decided to drop these small brown bundles of joy that track all over the back yard, patio and then get into the house.  They stick to everything within a 40' radius of the tree.

This year I have a weapon to combat the blite.  A 530 CFM wonder that can blow down the best it offers and win.  Last night I tried with a broom to clean just a little bit of the deck infront of the BBQ so that I wasn't standing in them.  After5-6 minutes of sweeping and getting nowhere I just gave up.  Then it dawned on me in the night that the EGO blower would work for that job.  so in the morning after breakfast I dug out the quick charger and plugged in the 5.0Ah battery to give it a top up after a long winter sleeping and after 10 minutes put it to work.  Out to the shed to pull out the blower.  cranked it up to full power and started blowing.  The paths were cleared in under a minute.  Then I took on the deck.  Being lazy and not wanting to pick up furniture and plant pots, I simply blew around them.  in 5 minutes flat it was all clean.  And to think I spent that amount of time just to sweep a 6 sq-foot patch.

Then I blew most of the big patches off the grass and then the piles that were  collecting on the driveway.  Again, it was a 3 minute job to get the debris down the driveway and out of my way.  YEA, not it's the citys problem, but they have the big sweepers that come by.

When at the bottom of the driveway, I noticed my neighbour sweeping grass clipping off the sidewalk, so I went and made short work for them as well.  

Love my EGO.
Photo of matt.mackinnon

matt.mackinnon

• 5,476 Points 5k badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 64,132 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Lol awesome story. Loved it
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

• 34,336 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Fantastic!!!!!
Photo of Robert Pruett

Robert Pruett

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
How long does the charge last on your blower?
Photo of matt.mackinnon

matt.mackinnon

• 5,476 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
In the fall time, I used the blower for leaves and did the front and back yard and then some of the neighbours.  spent 45min blowing and the battery still was green.  Mind you I am using a 5.0Ah battery that is larger than the one that comes in the kit.  I think the one that came in the kit worked for about 20min of good blowing.  You need to remember that with the blower, it is variable speed, so your run time will be variable to your use. 
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 178,254 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
These Ego blowers are incredibly handy for making quick work of annoying tasks.  Thanks for sharing!