530 cfm blower vs 580 cfm blower

• Question
  • Updated 7 months ago
Any differences between these two models besides the extra 50cfm? Is either model “newer” than the other?

Is the 580 appreciably larger than the 530?

On igocordless the 580 is only $20 more than the 530 (bare tool), so Im trying to decide which to grab
Photo of Tom

Tom

• 986 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 72,412 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Based on the manuals, the 530 weighs 4.81 lbs and the 580 weighs 4.77 lbs.
According to Home Depot's website the 530 is 35.9" and the 580 is 36.1"
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 73,580 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I've owned both and they're pretty similar.

The 580 is a couple of years newer. The main difference in addition to the power is the design of the variable speed adjustment. With the 530 it's on the front of the handle. On the 580 it's on the side, which makes it easier to use one-handed.
(Edited)
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

• 54,638 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I love being able to just set it and forget it with the 580
Photo of William E Hanson

William E Hanson

• 19,416 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Mine is the 530, but if I was buying one today, I would certainly buy the newest model for advances in performance.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 106,120 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
580 has a variable speed trigger, so you do not even have to mess with the dial.  It is more of a cruise control dial on the 580 to hold the blower at a constant speed.
Photo of summetj

summetj

• 11,100 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
I have the 530, and almost never adjust the variable speed lever (mostly, I just use either super high speed or BOOST mode....but occasionally I'll switch it to a lower setting when blowing the inside of the garage out) I can see how having it accessible without using your 2nd hand might be nice, but I think the extra 50 cfm would be move worth the extra $20.

Also, make sure that igocordless is an authorized ego reseller if you want warranty coverage.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 106,120 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
igocordless is an authorized dealer
Photo of Tom

Tom

• 986 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Thanks for the quick answers all.

I agree about being careful about warranty coverage.   For me its Home Depot or bust since there are no other dealers around me.   The other vendors are unfortunately only there for price matching (though I did just buy a bunch of accessories from igocordless).