4.0Ah battery cut time is only lasting 30 minutes

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: out of date

Our fully charged battery is only lasting 30 mins with the mower. We only bought it a month ago and assumed we'd get another 10-15 mins per charge.
Photo of Doug Ross

Doug Ross

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Eric

Eric

• 496 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
If I try to do too much too fast with the mower, it doesn't last the stated duration.  In particular, if the overload light comes on frequently, I get a lot less time out of the charge.  Though the manual does state that "the mower can endure a short time of overload," I suspect that the power used in spinning the blades back up to normal operating speed will discharge the battery more each time.
Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 81,048 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Doug, thanks for raising your issue and Eric, thanks for your feedback.  To further troubleshoot your battery issues, please call our customer service department at 1-855-346-5656 Monday through Friday from 8:30AM - 8:00PM EST (Saturday and Sunday from 10:00AM - 6:00PM EST).  We are here to help!
Photo of Wayne

Wayne

• 280 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I have the same issue...about 30 minutes of run time and the overload light comes on.
Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 81,048 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Wayne. Please give us a call at 1-855-346-5656
Monday through Friday from 8:30AM - 8:00PM EST (Saturday and Sunday from
10:00AM - 6:00PM EST) so we can get ask for more information and help figure
this out.

Photo of Jasper

Jasper

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I was going to ask a similar question about the 2.0Ah battery. The last couple days it has only lasted about 13 minutes when used in the mower, but I have been cutting grass lower (on 2) and hitting some thick spots (overload light). Will see if the duration goes back up (it was closer to 22 minutes a few weeks ago when cutting higher) if I cut more frequently and keep it low without it getting high between cuts. Also, will a sharper blade increase the run time if it cuts easier?
Photo of Denny Wells

Denny Wells

• 60 Points
I too had a similar question. My first trip around the yard - 2 charges to finish it. My second trip around the yard - 4 charges to finish it. My 3rd trip around the yard - 5 charges and I'm not even half way done. I'll call the 800 number tomorrow to see if they have any suggestions.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.