38" Ride on mower

• Idea
  • Updated 1 week ago
  • Under Consideration
I would love to see a ride on mower for 1-2 acre lots 

I have a CubCadet 46" ZTR which is great, but so noisy and I want to avoid buying and storing petrol. 
Photo of Adam

Adam

• 304 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of William E Hanson

William E Hanson

• 19,416 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Ryobi has a highly rated zero turn battery mower; available at The Home Depot. Your friend has shared a link to a Home Depot product they think you would be interested in seeing:

RYOBI 42 in. 100 Ah Battery Electric Zero Turn Riding Mower
https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-42-...
Photo of Adam

Adam

thanks @william!

I've been watching videos on the 42ZT and 38Rider from Ryobi, they look good. The 38" is $5kNZD, so i expect the 42 will be $7kNZD here when it arrives. I've been considering selling my CubCadet and getting the 38" as i find i don't zero turn much =)

Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 69,242 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
It might not matter to you, but the Ryobi batteries are lead acid batteries.
Photo of Frank Woodbery

Frank Woodbery

• 4,074 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
Well, maybe not the coolest thing compared to lithium batteries - but I bet there are more & cheaper battery replacement options. And weight not a big deal for something you ride around on.
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

Yeah, my comment was just in case he didn't realize it's a lead acid battery if he was thinking it might be Lithium. 
Of course, the weight of the machine (and rider) since it requires the battery to actually propel it does make a difference.
It'll be cool when Lithium gets to where it can drive something like a ride on for a good length of time.
Photo of Adam

Adam

I did read it was LeadAcid and given the use case of always plugged in it seemed ok to me. 

Would prefer Lithium though, ...hint hint EGO =)
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

Wouldn't that be cool? 
Photo of Frank Woodbery

Frank Woodbery

• 4,074 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
Cool yes, cheap no.
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

That shouldn't be a surprise given EGO's pricing strategy so far. But, it will be great quality.
(Edited)
Photo of William E Hanson

William E Hanson

• 19,376 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Absolutely because it always cost more to be on the bleeding edge and have solid quality to boot. Cost is relative based on the market's acceptance.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 103,580 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
"It'll be cool when Lithium gets to where it can drive something like a ride on for a good length of time." 

Someday maybe even a car ;)
just kidding Mike - sometimes I can't help being a smart***
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

Yeah, it becomes a cost benefit analysis exercise for sure. Just got to figure out the right amount of battery and keep cost in a range people will accept.
Photo of John Rice

John Rice

• 62 Points
I have purchased an EGO string trimmer, a 21" lawnmower, a 530 cfm blower, and a chain saw - I pretty well sold on the quality of EGO products and would definitely purchase an electric riding lawn mower were it offered. I hope that there might be one in the works so that I might rid myself of the 42" Husqvarna rider mower that I am presently using.

Jayper - Ellington, CT