2nd handle coming for new 580 CFM blower?

• Idea
  • Updated 10 months ago
  • Under Consideration
4 years ago someone suggested a 2nd handle for the leaf blower would be helpful.  I just got the new 580 CFM blower and I couldn't agree more.  There appears to be a slot molded into the top of the blower that looks like it might accept something like a handle.  Perhaps this will be offered as an add on accessory in the near future?  The problem is that when you have a 5.0 battery and you've been blowing for more than 5 minutes, you need two hands for better control and fatigue relief.  My old B&D corded blower had a "T" handle on the front in addition to the loop handle on the back where the trigger was.  Either a "T" or a loop like on the hedge trimmer would work and you could switch hands as well.
Photo of Rick

Rick

• 152 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 10 months ago

Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 91,894 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
That slot is for this shoulder strap which may help with your hand fatigue.

https://egopowerplus.com/collections/accessories/products/blower-strap

Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 67,908 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Szwoop is correct regarding the shoulder strap, Rick. However, we'll share your feedback with the team today to review. 
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 58,354 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Interesting idea. I do like using the shoulder strap that came with my leaf blower. It does take a bit of the weight off the grip hand.
Photo of Rick

Rick

• 152 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thanks for the quick reply!  Yeah, I'm aware of the black clip for the shoulder strap, which looks like a great accessory to have.  I'm referring to what looks like a slot in the gray plastic on top.  See attached photo: