2100SP question

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
I recently bought the 2100SP and noticed that when I disengage the self-propulsion I need to push it forward just a bit before it will freely roll back. Is this normal?
Photo of Mr Clemente

Mr Clemente

• 318 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Exrace

Exrace

• 8,606 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Yes. Key is to release Self-propelled lever and then continue some forward motion to keep wheels from locking. The wheels lock by design so if on a hill the mower won't roll backwards.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 180,008 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Forgot about the anti-rollback attribute. :-)
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 180,008 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Yes.  Pushing it forward slightly allows the drive to decouple from the wheels.  Many here have asked about it, and most find it takes a slight adjustment to their technique before getting used to it.
Photo of Speedoh

Speedoh

• 582 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I too just bought one recently and love it. It took me a couple times to get the hang of disengaging the Self-Propel then move forward. For me one of the best part of the LM2102SP is the ability to engage and disengage when needed. I engage sp when mowing on an incline. Mowing on flat or down
hill I disengage. This machine has already been put through all my the tests that Echo and Kobalt could not accomplish. Yes you can even spray the underside deck with water for easy cleaning.
Photo of Julio Villanueva

Julio Villanueva

• 1,860 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Yes, that happens to mine, too. What I do is lift it for a couple of seconds and it disengages quick
Photo of Harry

Harry

• 2,802 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
I also noticed this when I first used my 21" SP mower. I found that if I release the SP lever a few feet before the end of a strip and allow the mover 's momentum to carry it the last few feet, the drive is disengaged when I want to manuever it.
Photo of bloomz

bloomz

• 14,544 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Just a few inches does it
Photo of Richard Morris

Richard Morris

• 60 Points
2102 is too slow. Is 2100-sp available and is it faster?
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 65,000 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
What do you mean? The self propel is too slow or the blade rpm?