21" SP Mower - $465 with Warranty

• Praise
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: NA

Photo of Brad Carey

Brad Carey

• 2,250 Points 2k badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

• 34,738 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
A great deal, but eBay is not an EGO authorized dealer. The Warranty is not transferable from one owner to another. I would call Customer Service to be safe before buying it.
Photo of Brad Carey

Brad Carey

• 2,250 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Seems like a gray area as they're shipping directly from Home Depot and a receipt is being provided. The post claims there is warranty coverage, however EGO would be the judge, jury and executioner?
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 73,200 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Interesting. Seller is a liquidator, claiming the mowers are coming directly from Home Depot in some sort of "deal," complete with receipt.

I find this highly suspicious.
Photo of SLG

SLG

• 588 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
What could be wrong? The seller has over 10000 feed backs, Anything wrong just file eBay money back claim. Typically eBay will rule in favor of the buyer. 
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

Right out of the box, sure. But do you think eBay will refund your money if you have to make a warranty claim in three years?
Photo of SLG

SLG

There are not many moving part in a battery powered mower. I think the chance of break-down is pretty low once the initial few weeks are Ok just like other electronics: The famous Bathtub curve
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

Battery, charger, electronics, motor, handle clamps, motor shaft. But good luck.
(Edited)
Photo of SLG

SLG

Really good deal. Even I have the 21 non SP version, I want to jump on this one.
Somebody Please talk me out.
Photo of (a)Typical Engineer

(a)Typical Engineer

• 26,512 Points 20k badge 2x thumb

You're going to be on a windy corner if you need ANY warranty work; actually that will be easy since there won't be any warranty assistance available.  If you break something, you may or may not be able to buy the repair parts; and that's if it's available for sale, since not all parts are always for sale (typically the parts listed in the manual are for sale, other are subject to Ego's CS).  If you have a product that has a valid warranty, and you break a part (that isn't offered), there is a good chance that Ego will cover it under warranty.

Having bought a used 20" mower without warranty coverage, I'd much rather pay a little bit more and get coverage.

Photo of charlie hepler

charlie hepler

• 1,338 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

I have bought many items from this EBAY seller and always got good service and the products I purchased were exactly as advertised.  

I see no reason why the seller would not be working directly with HD and having the warranty being completely covered as you would have the receipt to use to register with EGO?

Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 64,610 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
So home depot doesnt sell their own stuff on ebay thenm they farm it out to people like this guy? I understand...

(a)Typical Engineer

"NEW IN BOX NEVER OPENED -  I can also provide a receipt for you to get the FULL EGO WARRANTY

These will get delivered within 3 to 4.  They are coming direct from Home Depot delivery and will have full receipt for full Ego warranty. THEY ARE NEW IN THE BOX NEVER OPENED.

PLEASE DO NOT PUT OFFER IN ON THE ITEM UNLESS YOU COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND. THESE ARE IN HIGH DEMAND AND WE HAVE WORKED OUT A DEAL WITH HOME DEPOT TO SAVE PEOPLE SOME MONEY ON THEM BUT IT WILL TAKE 3 TO 4 WEEKS TO DELIVER OR I CAN ALSO ARRANGE LOCAL PICK UP AT THE HOME DEPOT STORE CLOSEST TO YOU THAT MAY SAVE A LITTLE TIME BUT STILL WILL BE 2 TO 3 WEEKS. THERE IS GREAT SAVINGS ON THEM FOR SURE."

So many RED flags... but go ahead and give it a try and let us know how it worked out for you. =)

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,118 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
1. This is a current product, not last year's model or something discontinued.  Why would HD offer some sort of "deal"?  Highly skeptical I am.

2. This is selling for $550 at HD right now ($50 off).  For an $85 savings you're giving up the 90 day return policy (12 month on the HD card) and maybe the warranty (if the seller is incorrect).  Not a good trade-off in my opinion.
Photo of charlie hepler

charlie hepler

• 1,338 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I am in no way suggesting anyone do this purchase.   I was only saying I have done probably 12-15 EBAY Purchases from this seller and it was always a positive experience.  :)

(a)Typical Engineer

For Ego or other brand products?
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

• 34,738 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Charlie, I understand your point as I too have had success buying stuff on eBay before.  That said; I would only buy EGO through "authorized dealers" for the main reason of their Warranty Policy.  Even though these tools are well built, they are not perfect and therefore, having the warranty coverage gives me a "piece of mind" that I am protected.
Photo of Jeff L

Jeff L

• 2,884 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
I bought mine from HD for $500.75 including tax.  Got a 10% veterans discount + $25 for taking out a HD credit card, one year return policy. iloveitiloveitiloveit! ...The mower especially!
(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.