21" Self-propelled Lawn Mower Wheel Idea (LM2100SP)

• Idea
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • Under Consideration
  • (Edited)
How about some rubber wheels for the 21" Self-propelled Lawn Mower.
This lawn mower has a terrible weight to wheel contact area ratio. No matter what length I cut the grass to, I still end up with ruts (strips of compacted long grass) all up and down my lawn.
Yes I have tried the high-lift blade, but does not solve this issue.
Yes I do mow the lawn in different directions each time.
But that's not the issue - the issue is the weight to contact area ratio. The plastic wheels do not make enough contact with the ground. The tread-like bumps on the tires actually result in a much smaller contact point with the ground, resulting in excessive pressures being exerted on the grass. There is also the issue with plastic having an extremely low friction coefficient, causing the wheels to actually just spin/slip without moving the mower. I believe the ridges/bumps were added to try and alleviate this issue, but end up causing the compacted grass (rut) issue.
I would like to see rubber wheels (for front and back), the same diameter as the original, but maybe a bit wider.

Photo of Mark Doxbeck

Mark Doxbeck

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Robert Wand

Robert Wand

• 74 Points
The Real problem is the mowers are JUNK. Sell it before it TOTALY QUITS.
Photo of Dave .

Dave .

• 21,706 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Why are you here if you don't like EGO products.   How TROLLISH!   I don't visit iPhone sites because I have nothing to do with iphones.  Just saying, dude.
Photo of Matt

Matt

• 344 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Robert, show us on the doll where your EGO mower touched you.  
Photo of bloomz

bloomz

• 14,510 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Rotfl