21" Self propelled Lawn Mower leaves my sidewalk a mess!

• Problem
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • In Progress
My lawn mower leaves grass clipping all over the place. I have removed the mulching hardware and have the clipping bag attached. I empty frequently and have adjusted the height level with no change. Same problem with dry or slightly wet grass. 
Photo of Luis Velez

Luis Velez

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
  • upset

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

• 54,538 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Yes, I have the same EXACT experience.  When I switched to the dual battery model, there is nothing on the driveway.  There really isn't anything you can do with this.  A few tips:

Switch to a high lift blade (available)

Make sure under the mowing deck is clean, no clumped up grass under there. 
Lubricate the underside
Sharpen blade
Cut very slow, overlapping each pass

Good Luck
(Edited)
Photo of summetj

summetj

• 10,940 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Lowering the mower to the "1" setting and going over the sidewalk with it will usually pick up extra grass.

Using the "high-lift" blade helps a bit, especially for bagging.

I'm sure the "Ego Approved" answer is to buy one of the leaf blowers and use it on your sidewalks/driveway after you mow and edge (you do own the edger too, right?)
Photo of Luis Velez

Luis Velez

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
yes, this was the first thing i tried with no success. I have an edger and it makes even more mess. my old mower used just suck this right up or blow to the side. 
Photo of Jackie Hardie

Jackie Hardie

• 204 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This mower is a wonderful concept however Ego needs to perfect this issues of leaving paths of grass along the strip along with a mowhawk look.  It takes me basically three times over to go back and pick up the path of grass it leaves behind and the mow hawk strip.  I love everything about this mower except for the way it actually mows.  If you are a perfectionist as I am, it's a horrible mower.  
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 104,032 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Ego LM2142 dual battery mower is the perfectionists friend. :)

Reviews from people with both mowers state that it solves all of the issues you state Ego needs to address.
(Edited)
Photo of Dave .

Dave .

• 21,706 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
The HL blade will improve the  cut if you use the bag.  It doesn't improve mulching performance, however.