Archived and Closed
This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.
for rear bagging of grass. I cut 1/2" off the ends of the blade to fit the 20" mower and balanced it. The modified blade fit my mower without modification and I bolted it on. Startup was good, no vibration at all and the noise level seemed no different than the stock blade. I have fescue/bluegrass that grows to 4" before I cut it. Using the #4 wheel adjustment, I mowed the lawn (to 3") and observed the results. Suction was increased, and no stray grass blades were left behind. However, the "striping" characteristic of the mower was still present but not quite as pronounced. "Striping" is when the front wheels push the grass down which keeps the blade from producing a uniform even cut. My observation was about a 25% improvement. If I lowered the mower to position #3, it would probably improve more or reduce it altogether but I don't want to mow the grass that low. Battery life seemed to remain the same, it certainly wasn't worse as I was able to finish mowing 3000 sq ft on one battery charge using a 4 A Hr battery, same as the old stock blade. I like the blade, the increased suction but it would probably suit lawns that required lower cut settings than fescue/bluegrass to totally eliminate striping. That was my experience.