2014 battery with 2016 mower?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
I just bought a 21" self propelled model, and am very happy with it (got 59 minutes of runtime on light mowing).  My question is: The mower has a manufacture date of September 2016, which seems reasonable for a 2017 purchase, but the 7.5 AH battery (which was shipped separately) has a manufacture date of Dec 2014! (Which is 2.5 years ago).

Batteries degrade both due to the number of cycles (I'll probably only be putting 2 cycles a week on it in the summer) AND due to their calendar age, so I was a little concerned about my battery already being 2.5 years old when I received it.

It sounds like EGO does a good job honoring their warranty, so I'll just go with it, but I was wondering if everybody else also had Dec 2014 batteries, or if I'm unlucky and got old stock?

Jay
Photo of summetj

summetj

• 10,980 Points 10k badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,788 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
When in storage mode (an automatic self-discharge after 30 days), Ego's batteries will degrade very little with age. I wouldn't worry about it, especially if you've already verified that the battery is in good health and is providing good cutting times.

You have a three year warranty beginning on the date of purchase, so if the performance degrades significantly during that time Ego will make it right.