20 in steel deck (lm2022sp) vs 21 in POWER+SELF-PROPELLED MOWER WITH PEAK POWERTM (LM2142SP)

• Question
  • Updated 3 months ago
I'm trying to decide between these two mowers and cannot and am coming here for advice. I currently have a backpack blower with the 7.5ah battery, and am looking to eventually upgrade to the trimmer, hedger, and edger at some point. Was wondering if it would be worth it to have the 2 5ah batteries from the mower to help with the weight when I decide to get those other items, it if I should just get the steel deck and have another 7.5ah battery. I would also like some advice on a comparison between them to better help me make my decision.
Photo of Matt Halpern

Matt Halpern

• 70 Points

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 104,276 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
The 2142 has more power, so I would go with that as my main decision point.
2142 = 1200W brushless motor with peak power technology (same tech as the snowblower) manages and extracts the peak power from the 2 batteries.
2022 = 1000W brushless motor

Personally a steel deck is not a benefit or upgrade to me.

If you have a larger lot the 2142 will also provide longer run time.
(Edited)
Photo of William E Hanson

William E Hanson

• 19,416 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
My vote is the 2142 primarily for the 2 5.0 Ah batteries. If you're not in a hurry, suspect Home Depot will have them on sale soon; it's nearing end of season. That's when I made the spur of the moment buy on my EGO mower.
Photo of Kris Greenfield

Kris Greenfield

• 402 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I still like the look and features of a steel deck mower not a big thing but I like the side discharge placement much better in the middle of the deck rather than on the back, looks goofy. I'm hoping they come out with a 22" two battery option on the steel deck too. JMO.....
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 104,256 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Agree the rear (side) discharge on the non steel deck mowers is useless.

Not an issue for me as I mostly mulch and occasionally bag.  Both of which work great.
Photo of William E Hanson

William E Hanson

• 19,416 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Same for me; my side discharge chute is still in the boxing case I ever want to sell/give away to upgrade.