20" brushless steel deck mower vs. 21" plastic deck mower

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Has anyone tested out both the 20" brushless motor steel deck mower and the 21" plastic deck mower and compared their performance? Do you notice any difference in cutting ability, quality of mulching, vacuum power, ease of use, level of noise, etc.?
Photo of John

John

• 2,016 Points 2k badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 178,712 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
One of our Commercial User members, Steve Valdez, has used both. He's indicated he'll write up a review soon to cover his impressions of both mowers relative to each other.

He has a few preliminary comments here and there if you want to search for them.
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 67,962 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Photo of JWBozo

JWBozo

• 1,508 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I exchanged my 21" sp for the steel deck 20" sp. have used the 20" only once, but first impression is the 20" steel deck is noticeably lighter (go figure!), the mulching is better I think because the brushless motor turns faster. I like the side discharge better and it's quieter. Happy with my choice.
P.
Photo of JWBozo

JWBozo

• 1,508 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I exchanged my 21" sp for the steel deck 20" sp. have used the 20" only once, but first impression is the 20" steel deck is noticeably lighter (go figure!), the mulching is better I think because the brushless motor turns faster. I like the side discharge better and it's quieter. Happy with my choice.
P.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 178,712 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Thanks for the feedback, John!
Photo of John

John

• 2,016 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Steve - I'd love to hear your impressions of the new steel deck mower and how it compares with the 21 inch plastic deck mower when the time is right for you.