2 stage snowblower

• Idea
  • Updated 7 months ago
  • Under Consideration
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: 2 stage snowblower

if Sniw Joe can make a 2 stage snowblower Ego should have one too. I’m a senior & I want to stay in my home & be independent as long as I can. I am getting tired of changing oil & spark plugs, not to mention tugging my heart out to start my snowblower, but I do want self propelled, with steering capability. Heated handles would be a nice plus. I already have several Ego products, including a self propelled lawnmower. I’ve already got several batteries & really don’t want to add a second system so I would be very happy to see an Ego self propelled snowblower in the near future. The snowblower you have looks great but I just don’t see myself pushing it through heavy snow. There must be millions of people out there in the same position as I am.
Photo of ed

ed

• 186 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of George cattell

George cattell

• 86 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I wanted snow shovel really small blower I have many ego tools but had to buy snow joe
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 145,388 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Great points, Ed!
Photo of ed

ed

I have a Snow Joe single stage cordless. It’s a little better than useless. It’s light & I can carry it up the steps to blow the snow off the deck but that’s about all it’s good for. My driveway is about 60’ long & boxed in for the first half. I really need a self propelled for it & I really don’t like the quality I see in the Snow Joe offering. I believe Ego can & will do it right. I just wish they’d get it done & soon.

I have no interest in being found dead from a heart attack in my driveway after pushing a single stage snowblower through heave snow.
Photo of Bryan

Bryan

• 2,280 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Ed, I bought Snow Joe's two-stage last year (iON24SB-XR 80V Max 5.0 Ah ). When it worked, I liked it but it has some serious issues in design (very awkward handles), battery power, and quality control. To make a long story short, the snow blower could cut through packed snow a lot better than any single stage could but my first snow blower shipped was damaged, and the motor to the auger failed on the  second and third snow blower failed. In the end, Snow Joe finally gave up and just refunded my money.  Besides the two-stage breaking, the Snow Joe's "self-propelled" was extremely slow (made me question if I would have been better off with EGO's non-self propelled first stage from day one. I I also had to buy a second set of batteries so I had enough batteries to finish my driveway.  I did a detailed review on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/RU32E9QNR5VJY/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B01FN0XJXQ . Snow Joe has a better designed two-stage this year, but since I've been bit once I'm not seriously considering Snow Joe.

I'd buy an Ego two-stage self propelled right now if I could. Given some of the complications I saw with the Snow Joe Two-stage, I think Ego is doing the right thing and not rushing to market with a two-stage.  The worse thing they could do is offer a two-stage that isn't really ready to satisfy customers and potentially hurt EGO's brand. I'm currently considering buying the current EGO single-stage but like you I'm a little worried it won't be enough (I've never not owned anything but two-stage snow blowers). Right now, I think it would take a sale offering the EGO at a reduced price for me to pull the trigger. 
Photo of ed

ed

Thanks for the input Brian.

Based on my experience with Snow Joes single stage I am concerned about their 2 stage. My 2 stage gas is still working so I guess I can afford to give Ego some time to get it right.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.